difficult child has warped us

slsh

member since 1999
So.... thank you's (ex?) girlfriend showed up at our door today. To return a PSP charger. That he threw at her. :sigh: (insert various soap-worthy details). husband and I sat there and tried to be supportive, as noncommittally as possible. (I actually was wondering what the heck she wanted us to do - spank him??? He doesn't even live here. There is a very good reason that I do my very best to be completely uninformed about thank you's life.)

Until she said he threatened to get a restraining order against her. At which point, husband and I both burst into laughter. :bag:Poor girl - she was baffled. husband and I were both utterly horrified at our response and apologized profusely. There was simply no way to explain our laughter, unless you've lived with- thank you for the last 20 years. And while she's been to our home a couple of times, I really don't know her at all, don't know what if anything thank you has told her. FWIW, she doesn't strike me as a restraining-order-worthy person.

We both feel like complete heels. I'm sure she wanted us to do or say something. We just cannot figure out what. Heck, I didn't even know they'd broken up. I did apologize on behalf of my son (before and after the inappropriate laughter) for him throwing the charger, and when she said she's had worse done to her, I did tell her that she deserves far better.

And just for a little comic relief, Weeburt was standing on the stairs for a fair portion of the conversation. I'd kinda forgotten he was there until he piped up with a very audible "drama, drama, drama." Oh. My. Gosh. I shooed him away at that point.

Poor girl is well rid of us.

klmno

:rofl:

Well, at least you have kept a sense of humor thru it all! I feel sorry for her but admittedly, the whole time I was reading this I was visualizing some petite, timid female showing up at my door someday saying that my difficult child has threatened to take her to court for becoming violent with him. I honestly would burst into laughter, too.

And the "darama" comment...I can understand that, too. Sometimes I think my dogs have even learned to roll their eyes!