difficult child helped!

tawnya

We run a small roadside truck farm/produce stand. I usually plant around 1200 mums to sell in the fall, too. difficult child helped me plant half of them yesterday and today. WITHOUT ASKING! She did a great job, followed instructions, and really, really, helped. She cussed quite a bit when things didn't go exactly right, but that was definitely basket C. I did a little of that, too, lol.

I have to crawl inside the well pit to turn the water on, and she even held the lid open so it wouldn't fall on me. A few years ago, she would have pushed me in, lol!

I am holding out hope that she is finally catching up with her developmental delays. Maybe so, maybe not, but we had a good run on the last two days.

I just made me smile, and I thought I would share.

Tawnya

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a nice post to read this morning, Tawnya! I don't know if this holds true for your daughter but most of our kids run at least 33% younger than their actual years so this would make her about 18 on an emotional level...old enough to demonstrate what she did yesterday. Great news!

Suz

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I loved reading this. I think as parents of difficult child's, even the seemingly smallest of things make us want to jump for joy! Don't you think? Everytime my difficult child shows even the slightest bit of emotional growth or maturation, I almost pinch myself! Lol.

I am glad for you that you had a couple of nice days with difficult child.