difficult child I in detention for 60 days

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
difficult child I (17) was remanded to detention for 60 days, based on his suspended sentence from his last violation of probation. This was his 3rd strike! He seemed to think he was walking in and out of court today, but I knew better, he just wouldn't listen to me or his counselors.

I am praying he'll be safe and healthy (swine flu scare). I was able to help two other distraught moms in the court waiting area today, I am always giving out the web address for this site! So many parents have no idea about how to go about getting resources for their kids.

One Mom's son is 12 with aspergers. The school pressed assault charges against her son, because he shoved the nurse (who was physically blocking him) to get to his Mom, the nurse felt "naseaus" from the whole traumatic incident. This is what happens when you have children with special needs are forced to remain in district to receive their "fair and appropriate" education. Ridiculous! :mad:

amazeofgrace

yes last time he was only in for 6 days and he thought it was Disney World, 60 days is longer, so we can hope!

slsh

member since 1999
AOG - I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to leave your kid there. Hopefully the novelty will wear off long before the 60 days are over and he'll decide that juvie is not so cool.

A gentle hug to you.

everywoman

Well, while I'm sorry his choices led to this, I'm glad you will get a bit of a reprieve from his acting out for at least 60 days. Maybe this will allow him to "sober" up enough to see what he's doing. I hope he understands that Big Boy jail is not far behind if he keeps this up.

Wiped Out

Staff member
AOG,
I know this must be hard but I do think it might be good that he received the 60 days. I hope you are able to use this time to do some recharging for yourself. Hugs.

amazeofgrace

thank you all I just spent the weekend in Lancaster for Mother's Day with my Mum, Aunt, Sister and difficult child II (12) (he was such a trooper dealing with 4 women shopping)

I am worried about difficult child I, he has not called, I will call his SW 2morrow and check on him. I juts worry about this swine flu thing, he has asthma and has had pneumonia 3 x's b4. I know he'll be 18 in a month and I really can't control very much anymore, including him maintaining his health the way he should.

ugh, Happy mother's day all