difficult child I is a sneak & so out of line

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
sigh.... difficult child I was caught using the wii for internet, he threatened his younger brother into signing it on. My mom catches difficult child I on internet, and he gives her mouth (F word galore) and then gives me mouth, telling me he "hopes I have cancer and that I die" He then proceeds to throw my cell phone across the room, smash my lap top shut and then he throws a hand weight into the back of his bedroom door, leaving a nice hole. Court is next week from when he broke probation I am very tempted to just call his probation officer and say please take him. Of course that is what he wants.
I am still waiting on the in home therapist for difficult child I, but he is crafty at holding it together when he has too, unlike difficult child II, he makes himself look golden.

Andy

:mad: Ohhh that boy! He is so trying to make himself believe that none of this is his fault. Breaking rules is your fault because you made the rule - You bust your butt off to make sure your child has a good life and then he throws it in your face saying it is not good enough!!! Ugh.

I am so sorry that he is so mean about it. He is not thinking about his words. He is just angry that he can't get away with breaking the rules.

You are doing a great job with these boys - I know it would be so hard for you to actually throw in the towel and let the courts do as they please - just know that when that point
comes you can detach because you have done EVERYTHING possible and it is difficult child I's decision to throw it all away.

As always, keep yourself and difficult child II and your parents safe. Do what is right for EVERYONE - not just difficult child I and make sure you include yourself in what is fair.

I know whatever you decide to do will be right.

witzend

Well, I suppose if the in-home asks what happened to the door, the truth will come out, won't it?

It seems to me that if he is so anxious to get out of the house, you must be doing something right. Does that make any sense? He knows he can snow someone else. You, on the other hand, are going to keep him in line.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well haven't you just lots of pain in the "butts" lately! (Sorry) Like i said in the WC, you just always have too much going on.
You are a trooper... I am sorry things are so tough still with him.

meowbunny

Another thought in all of this is that if he really wants to go back to juvey, why would he bother looking good for the in-home? Sounds like some of his talk is just talk.

Guess the Wii if now off limits to him. Too bad, so sad.

So, what are the consequences for his little temper tantrum? I know you don't want him in juvey and he thinks he does but I'd still be calling his PO. Maybe his PO can come up with something other than juvey for a kid who thinks he likes it there.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It really stinks when our kids are basically holding us hostage.

LittleDudesMom

It seems to me that if he is so anxious to get out of the house, you must be doing something right. Does that make any sense? He knows he can snow someone else. You, on the other hand, are going to keep him in line.

I think Witz is right on. He is definately finding all the way to push your buttons.

Sharon

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
and another round of button pushing!! I sware he is desperate to drive me insane. I am so sick of being called a "this that and the other thing" from my child (the one I gave birth to). I am so done with this craziness! I called the police again because he waltzed out and gave me the finger, they bring him back and basically refused to remove him. Stating it will go down as "a matter of record", I guess I will hope the probation officer will listen 2morrow.

klmno

Wow, he is really out of hand! If that happened here, the PO would be putting him on a monitor and you could bet the judge would hear about all of it at court and some time would have to be served. I don't know what it is like other places, but I would think that the PO would hear about the police reports.

If not, you really might be in a worse situation- what happens if the PO or judge don't do anything to punish him? Is he going to keep talking to you and your parents worse and worse- and just running out whenever he wants?

TerryJ2

Oh, Amazed, I am so sorry.
I hear you.
The only good thing about calling the police is that it will become a matter of record. That will pay off in the long run.
Gosh, he really is acting up. That is so hard.
I hope tomorrow goes well. Or at least, that nothing bad happens.

TerryJ2

P.S. I am sorry he said he wished you'd die of cancer. My difficult child exploded when I was near the end of my radiation therapy--he was fed up with-having to treat me nicely, and yelled that he was sick of my stupid cancer and of my getting all the attention.
Believe me, that was not the kind of attention I wanted. These kids have no idea how hurtful they can be.