difficult child I update

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by amazeofgrace, Dec 29, 2008.

1. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

difficult child I (17 y/o son) is now in a self contained BD class at his highschool. It is nothing like my younger son's BD class in the middle school (and I thought his was bad!)

difficult child I basically sits in a room and is able to listen to his music, and text on his phone. Does a handful of math problems and reads a paragraph, it's very frustrating, however, even though it's wrong to "push him through" he has zero self motivation and is 110% defiant about everything, so if this is what it takes to get him a diploma then so be it, sigh......

knock on wood, he has been staying out of trouble and not breaking probation. He also was/is grateful he got an Xbox 360, he knows he did not deserve it!

2. Andy

Andy Active Member

I am surprised the school would allow a cell phone.

I am glad he showed some appreciation about the X-box and is staying out of trouble.

On a side note: When did our Bella visit you? It sure looks like Bella in the dog outfit!

3. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

I hope he holds it together to get his diploma, is he a senior?

4. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

Tired Mommy: he's a little bit of 9th, a little bit of 10th and a wee bit of an 11th grader......

Adrianne: that is our new baby boy Duncan! He looks different now that he was groomed, not so fluffy :( but no knots! My friend's Bichon is named Bella too!

5. Jena

Jena New Member

i hope so as well, that he keeps it together to graduate.

((hugs)))

6. Andy

Andy Active Member

So cute - their fur grows like our hair - you will have a fluff ball again soon. Their fur is sooooo soft!