amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
difficult child II was released from in hospital today, despite the fact that he assaulted a nurse and an aide last night, and was put in confinement. Depsite the fact that the SW admitted his mood swings were "scarey". Despite the fact that the partial hsop appointment isnt until Monday. He is now home with me again, the kids have off this week so I can not even send him to school, I am literally hoping to survive until Monday.

I am so very discouraged by this very FLAWED system. I am thankful for the services I have fought for that are trying to help me, but it still does not seem to fix the problem. sigh.............. I am fried:angry-very:

smallworld

I'm so sorry the psychiatric hospital released GFGII when he still seems unstable. Did the psychiatric hospital make any medication changes? Does he seem any better in his home environment?

amazeofgrace

he is still very up and down, he is now on 21 mg of abilify and colonodine (sp), he still seems very manic, sigh................

Fran

Former desparate mom
It is a flawed system. I'm sorry for you. Stay safe. I'll be sending good thoughts that you make through the week. Have a plan if he does get violent.
It's a worry.

B

butterflydreams

Hugs and prayers for you. I really don't get why they would release him when it is obvious that he is still unstable. And partial not until Monday?

Just take it one day at a time and make sure you have a plan for if it gets unsafe.

Christy

susiestar

Roll With It
I am very sorry. It is a very flawed system. I hope that you all stay safe this week, maybe some trips to a park or to an indoor pool to wear him out?

Susie

Astrid

Hi, I'ms o sorry to hear about this. Sometimes hospital policies are really stupid. Kids and adults being released because the hospital would rather not deal with them, while how would the yfunction if they're home again? Is there any way you can legally follow through on this? In the Netherlands, if a person has been hospitalized with dangerous behavior, that same behavior cannot be a reason for release.

Steely

I would take him back ASAP if he becomes violent at home. He can be re-admitted if he is a danger.

Why have they not started him on first line mood stabs? If he is admitted again, I would demand that this happen.

With my kiddo, I know that not only did I have to be the big "B" with the psychiatrists, but I had to be the most informed about medications and these type of kids time and time again, otherwise, nothing would have changed.

So sorry! Hugs.

amazeofgrace

well difficult child II has disappeared after countless attempts to keep him confined to the yard/house, he escaped and is MIA. He has been up and down for most of the day. He actually slept until 12 noon. Then we went out running errands, but he became more and more moody as time went on so we came home. I tried to keep him busy with some gardening projects (which he normally likes). His few friends are either away this week or involved in sports games and practices. I re-emphasized my urgent need to the agency that is supposed to be sending a Behavioral Assistant. Hopefully they'll come through b4 Monday. difficult child II was on Depakote while in hospital last year and it made him 10 x's worse, so they took him off. He also has been on Trileptal and Lamectal in the past, they did not do much, accept make him irritable. I was told the Colondine is for impulse control? It just seems to make him tired for alittle while and that's it. I guess I will go ride around and see if I can find difficult child II now, sigh.........is it Monday yet???

Steely

OH boy,
I have been there done that. So sorry.
What about Lithium? That was a miracle for difficult child.
Do not give up on finding a medication combo, it is out there! I promise!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm so sorry. I never understand things like this. The psychiatric hospital here let my difficult child out before he was ready this past time. It is so frustrating. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

Christy

What are they thinking when they discharged him??? Can't say I am surprise though. I found out while going through the discharge paperwork that my son had been given a PRN injection and was restrained for violent behavior that same morning??

Hang in there and I hope things work out with the behavior person and the partial hospitalization and SOON.
Christy

amazeofgrace

Behavioral Assistant is supposed to contact me today, my fingers are crossed, because i am running out of trick to keep difficult child II happy, and he's manic with in an hour of taking his medications, sigh..............

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Wow, manic after taking Clonidine? That medication knocked Aly OUT for hours! What is his dosage? Did psychiatrist give him anything for acute manic episodes?

Fingers crossed that the BA can help until part hospital is available.

Always the same story with us, Aly was nearly always discharged before she was stable enough to handle life outside the psychiatric hospital. Once she was readmitted again just days after being Difficult Child'd!!

Hugs,
Vickie