difficult child II starts new partial hospital Friday

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I am counting the days.

It seems like it's always "this time of the year". difficult child I (17) is going haywire (see teens and substance abuse post) and difficult child II (12) has been nothing but nuclear for the past 2 months. The fact that he fractured his ankle last weekend doesn't help either. He's driving me nuts, the only perk is he can not chase me.

I am back in survival mode, well I guess I have been in this mode for the past 3 years technically speaking. I am not sure what it means to enjoy your life.

This new program however has me very hopeful, difficult child II was on the waiting list last year and had to be hospitiazed before his name came up. It's an excellent program and the best in the state of NJ. They only take kids up to 15 so i am glad he is able to do it now. They have a very committed staff and believe in pressing buttons on purpose to get to the root of the problem and solve it from that point. I am so tired of the whole "stabilize and release them" mentality, this program is a breathe of fresh air.

I will keep you all posted on how we make out. I am just tyring to keep him busy since he's off all week, I am glad I took 3 days off or he'd be out crutching himself all over town.

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
AOG,
I'm glad you were able to get him into this program. I'm sorry you have been in crisis mode again/still. Hugs.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I hope the program works out for him. I didn't know anything but "stablilize (???) and release" existed! I'm impressed.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Andy

It is good to hear from you Amaze. I am happy for you that difficult child II is able to be accepted into this program.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!