difficult child II's "Girlfriend"

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
So difficult child II (son - 11) has been taking off somewhere lately, now I know where >>>"Rachel's House"

I should have known being he would get off the bus, brush his teeth, change his shirt and spray cologne b4 taking off.

Today the door bell rings and it is difficult child II, Rachel and her Mom. Her Mom says, "hi, I am Rachel's Mom" and "we're going to run errands and wanted to know if difficult child II can come" "If it's ok with you"? and "this is really our 1st boy/girl thing"

So I am between annoyed he is such a saint for them and panicking at the thought of him losing it with these people or their daughter, who all seem to think he is a saint.:anxious:

PS: I am thinking difficult child II's career choice should be acting, because that seems to be when he can keep it in check

Andy

Hey, I think you just solved the issue of difficult child I with his girlfriend and wanting to be in his room. Take THEM on errands.

My 11 yr old difficult child confided in me this winter that he has special feelings for a girl in his class and asked if we would let him date. I told him not until she was 24. He then asked if he should write her a note (like in the country song) and I told him that if it got into the wrong hands, it would cause a lot of heartache, "Oh she isn't like that, she wouldn't show it to anyone". Unfortunately he told another boy in class who of course had to tell the girl who of course had to break my difficult child's heart by saying, "That's just gross, I don't even like you." I HATE young love, it can be so hurtful.

If he's on best behavior with her, that's a good thing, right?

Adriane, I am so sorry for your son's hurt feelings. Reminds me of when I was that age. Well, he's too good for her anyway.

Andy

"She completes me mom" How sweet! Isn't it amazing how our difficult child's can explain such things?

I get the feeling that even after the rude snub, my difficult child still thinks his girl is for him - is he not picking up a hint? She comes from a different religion than ours so he has asked about which church they should get married in and how that would work. I tell him it will be something for the two of them to work out for themselves.

I think our darling difficult child's are going to fall hard if they ever discover their girls are not the ones.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
She completes him, huh? lol Odds are within a week there will be a new girl he feeds that line to. :rofl:

The good thing is, when it starts this young the "relationships" are usually abruptly short.

Hugs

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
true, because this week it's Rachel, last week it was Erin, the week b4 Rachel, the week b4 that Andrea yadda yadda but this one seems to have her hooks in him pretty good. I know difficult child I (17) is very emotional over his 14 y/o girlfriend who is out having a blast while he's stuck hom eon house arrest!