difficult child is 18!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Birthday to my little Bean who turns 18 today! :lipstick:

We're driving down to LI to spend the day pumpkin picking :jack: and meeting some family and friends for an early dinner at Olive Garden :spaghetti:. difficult child is stoked!

I made her a cake and it came out okay, but the color is not very appetizing. I was going for sophisticated and the purple came out a little grey :smile:. Overall it looks like a lot of love was put into it, but I am not sure how many people will actually want to eat it! Haha - oh well, it's the thought right? :smile:

Have a great day everyone~Thanks again for all of your support.

busywend

Happy birthday to difficult child!

My aunt made a cake like that once and called it The Ugly Cake. To this day any time a cake goes wrong we ask if my aunt made it! LOL!

susiestar

Roll With It
Happy birthday to difficult child, And to MOM!!!

My dad always gives mom or me a gift when one of our kids has a birthday. He says WE did all the work, not the kids, LOLOL!!!

The kids get presents, of course, but MOMs deserve a party too!!

The cake will taste great!!! I once made a chocolate cake, iced it wonderfully, looked amazing. At the first bite I started crying. I forgot the sugar, used too much salt, and the choc chips settled to the bottom and BURNED!!

We still talk about my charcoal cake.

Hugs,

Susie

jbrain

Happy birthday to difficult child, a fellow Libra! We're just the coolest....

Sounds like a fun day and I am also glad that she has reached 18--makes it easier to deal with the gfgness when they are "officially adult." Gives you more options...

Tell us how day went!

Hugs,
Jane

everywoman

Happy Birthday to Beaner! It seems like just yesterday our girls were turning sweet sixteen. easy child will be 18 on Nov. 1. She started the countdown on Oct. 1. Of course we talk about her birthday "month" because she seems to celebrate for a long time!
Have fun in LI.

Happy Birthday to you both!!

It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day. I'm hoping that a good time is had by all. My good friend's birthday is today, and she's got a great day lined up as well. Aren't birthdays the greatest?

Kathy813

Staff member
Happy birthday to your baby girl. It's hard to believe that 18 years has passed by, isn't it?

~Kathy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks everyone!

We had a really nice day! H, difficult child, exh and I all went pumpkin picking :jack:, took pictures :picture:, went through a corn maze, and a hayride together! Then we went back to exh's house, changed for dinner and met exbil and my girlfriend who lives on LI at Olive Garden :spaghetti: where we experienced the worst service ever :slap:. Haha - but it was still a nice dinner and the food was reliably good. YUM

We bought difficult child a camera :picture: and a watch :hypnosis: - she loved both!

I feel so good that we are all able to get together and have a wonderful day and get along for our kids. :angel:

difficult child got a little teary eyed and reminded me that she wants to come home...she is supposed to come home next week so it was hard to say no, but I held fast. I feel so strong. :warrior:

I'm beat - we just got home! Long day~

Frederick P.

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Happy birthday to your difficult child :bravo: </span> </span>