difficult child is 21 today

rejectedmom

This is the third birthday I haven't been able to share with him due to him being in program or in jail. He is depressed and so am I. On the upside at least he isn't out partying. since he has only been sober for 2 months it might have been hard for him to stay out of the liquor store. UG! -RM

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think it's especially difficult to miss birthdays since they are exclusively "assigned" to the person and are "their day"- especially these milestone birthdays :( . I'm sorry, RM. Big hugs.

Suz

meowbunny

I'm sorry you can't celebrate such a special day with him. As you said, at least he's safe. Many hugs and a soft shoulder.

scent of cedar

I'm so sorry this is all happening, RM. I cannot even imagine how much it must hurt.

I will hold you and your son in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Barbara

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
We too have not been able to "celebrate" with our difficult child since his 15th birthday and he turned 25 this year. Curiously enough he was "out" for his 21st birthday, but didn't want to celebrate with us.....now we won't be in his birthday plans until his 31st birthday. I quietly think of the little boy I used to know on his birthday and buy myself an ice cream cone to remember the son I tried to mother. Just not the typical birthday celebration.....hope both you and he can work past the depression. It is understandable, but doesn't do much for the situation......thinking of you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
RM,

I saw this and thought - there really isn't anything I could say to give you some cheer. So I'll just send you some hugs and a cup of coffee someday to chat over.

Hugs
Star