difficult child is 21 today

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by rejectedmom, May 13, 2008.

1. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

This is the third birthday I haven't been able to share with him due to him being in program or in jail. He is depressed and so am I. On the upside at least he isn't out partying. since he has only been sober for 2 months it might have been hard for him to stay out of the liquor store. UG! -RM

2. standswithcourage

standswithcourage New Member

Yes you can look on the upside and at least he is still living and not getting trashed somewhere - that is another worry!

3. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I think it's especially difficult to miss birthdays since they are exclusively "assigned" to the person and are "their day"- especially these milestone birthdays :( . I'm sorry, RM. Big hugs.

Suz

4. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

I'm sorry you can't celebrate such a special day with him. As you said, at least he's safe. Many hugs and a soft shoulder.

5. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Just a hug.

6. scent of cedar

scent of cedar New Member

I'm so sorry this is all happening, RM. I cannot even imagine how much it must hurt.

I will hold you and your son in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Barbara

7. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hugs RM. Keeping a special thought for you and your son.

8. mom_to_3

mom_to_3 Active Member

Happy Birth day to YOU! I'm sorry he's put you in this position. Hugs to you!

9. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

We too have not been able to "celebrate" with our difficult child since his 15th birthday and he turned 25 this year. Curiously enough he was "out" for his 21st birthday, but didn't want to celebrate with us.....now we won't be in his birthday plans until his 31st birthday. I quietly think of the little boy I used to know on his birthday and buy myself an ice cream cone to remember the son I tried to mother. Just not the typical birthday celebration.....hope both you and he can work past the depression. It is understandable, but doesn't do much for the situation......thinking of you.

10. chrisdog01

chrisdog01 New Member

Sorry this is happening to you again. Hugs for you.

11. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

RM,

I saw this and thought - there really isn't anything I could say to give you some cheer. So I'll just send you some hugs and a cup of coffee someday to chat over.

Hugs
    Star

12. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Sending hugs.