difficult child is a Homeowner !

Ephchap

I didn't want to jinx it, so waited until the closing, which was this morning.

difficult child is a homeowner!

He bought a 2 bedroom condo. He and his girlfriend will be moving in, and decorating the second bedroom for the arrival of their baby (my first grandchild) at the end of February.

Once they discovered they were going to be parents, he and girlfriend applied to a nearby apartment building, but he was turned down after they did the background check. It's a tough lesson to learn that your felony from 17 years old will follow you for the rest of your life - with jobs, and with apartments, etc.

But he didn't fall apart. They started looking at small condos in the area and found a mortgage broker to work with. Even though difficult child just started his new job a few months ago, he does have a good credit score, so was successful in obtaining a small mortgage.

It's an adorable condo - 2 bedrooms, a living room, dining room and kitchen, and even a small little laundry room.

He's waiting until his 90 days probation are up at his new job before setting up a hearing date to try to get his license back, so that's the next step.

I'm so very proud of my son for stepping up to the plate with all his decisions lately and just wanted to share my good news with my "cd family". :smile:

Deb

lovemysons

Deb, I'm so happy for you all.

Sounds like decorating the new place will make it easier to figure out what to get them for Christmas presents.
2 months ago I was out at all the kids consignment stores buying the cutest lil clothes for the arrival of Joey. It was so much fun.

Way to go difficult child! He sounds so incredibly grown up and "functional" Deb. Are you sure he's still a "difficult child"???

Big Congrats on the Condo, the baby and so many positives in your lives!

hugs,
lovemysons

goldenguru

Wow. He's come such a long way. Rejoicing with you!!

You're so gonna love the grandma thing. Grandkids are God's reward !!

DDD

I needed some good news....and THIS IS IT!! I'm going to proudly
smile and hold happy thoughts for your difficult child. What else should a
Florida CD Aunt do??? :smile: DDD

Sondar

I just finished taking Marty's survey and boy did I need some good news, just awful memories (though I'm glad to contribute).

And here it is, this is GREAT news. He is behaving like a young man with a family to support and a future. Wowie kazowie!

DammitJanet

Yahoooo! Way To Go!

I have been "sittin on my lips" myself because Jamie is going through the same thing trying to buy a house right now and Im afraid to jinx it...lol. He is looking at two of them right now and we are waiting to see which one he gets...if he gets either of them!

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bravo: Your difficult child did good.
It's hard to dig out of that hole and move forward to a full life. He had a lot of strikes against him with the felony and substance issues. He paid his dues and has hope for the future.

Best of luck.

saving grace

This is great news! :bravo:

This gives me hope. When they put their mind to it they can pull out of the darkness they created and live a happy healthy productive life.

Good for him and congratulations to you on the upcoming birth of your new grandbaby

Grace

Ephchap

Thanks for all the good wishes and for sharing in my excitement.

He and husband spent most of the weekend painting, and they have everything painted except the baby's room. Her mom wants to help paint that room, so mother and daughter will paint this weeek. husband has everything all taped off for them so it should go quickly.

They bought a new couch, which was delivered yesterday, and they will move the rest of their stuff (mostly hand me downs) probably next weekend.

It's just a small condo - pretty much an apartment building that was converted to condos, but they are both just over the moon excited about "their place". It really does warm my heart.

As for mom, Janet, she seems to be doing fine for the most part, but is still having trouble with what is real and what isn't. I now keep her medications at my house and put them in a Sunday through Saturday AM/PM case. That way, I can make sure she's had her medications, or at least have a better handle on it. She goes back to the geriatric doctor at the end of the month to check how her new medications are doing. I'm no doctor, but I don't think they are helping. We will see. Thanks for asking.

Again, thanks so much to my cd family for sharing in my son's home ownership.

Hugs,
Deb

rejectedmom

I'm so glad to read your good news. Kudos to your difficult child for his persistance and his follow through! congratulations on the upcomming birth of your grandchild -RM