difficult child Is Actually Enthusiastic...

B

Bunny

about the joining the school track team! They had the informational meeting yesterday after school and when I picked him up he was just babbling a mile a minute about. "And the coach said this, and the coach said that, and the practices start Monday and they are every day until 4:30, and I need my track shoes..." On and on and on. Then he was even nice to easy child and was helping easy child learn how to ride his skate board! Then he decided that he was going to start getting ready for track season (which he should have been doing for the past couple of months, but what do I know?) and he took a jog down to the in-laws' house. While he was there he decided that what they were having for dinner was better than what we were having and called to ask if he could eat at his grandparents' house. As long as it's okay with them, it's okay with me.

Am I a really bad mother to be happy that he will out of the house until 4:30 for approximately the next 2 months or so, and that poor easy child can get his homework done in peace?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Bunny--

That is great news! (And no, it doesn't make you a bad Mom to look forward to your difficult child being out of the house every afternoon...)

Just be prepared to "ride the wave"....today the coach is great and track is great - be prepared for the days that the coach is a jerk and track stinks.

B

Bunny

Thanks, Daisy.

We've been through "the wave" with difficult child and little league. One day he loved it. The next day he was screaming because there was a practice and it was taking up too much of his time.

We were talking about it yesterday and I said to him that practice being until 4:30 should not be a problem for him and homework because he usually does his after dinner anyway. He replied that the only thing it would effect would be that he wouldn't have as much "play time", but that it was okay.

Yeah. It will be okay until he actually gets into it and he realizes just how much is play time will be reduced.

In the mean time, I will be happy that he is enthusiastic about something that actually involves him gettig off his butt and actually moving around. Maybe he will be really good at one of the track and field events and will LOVE it. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

StressedM0mma

Bunny hopefully his enthusiasm will continue throughout the season. My difficult child was the same way. It was great then it was terrible. Maybe he will end up loving it! And bonus, he will be tired when he gets home.

ash33

Would someone please tell me what difficult child stands for? I had a notion but it's too profane for it to be true Thanx

B

Bunny

Ash33, "difficult child" stands for Gift From God. It's to remind us that our kids really are a blessing, even though at times they can more trying than the trials that Job had to deal with. LOL!!