difficult child is being paroled

rejectedmom

Yep apparently he won his review and they are letting him out. I got a letter from him saying he is currently in a transitional facility awaiting placement into sober housing. Looks like he is in a big city about a forty minute drive from here. I'm hoping he isn't going into sober housing in that city... it would be rough and dangerous to live in the kinds of neighborhoods where those types of hoses usuall are located! -RM

buddy

Praying for his safety and success! I really hope he will be able to control his impulses and avoid further prison time.... Do these kinds of sober houses require meetings and therapy, etc? If so, I hope he can embrace it and grow to a happier future!

Nancy

RM I am praying for his safety too. The sober houses in our city that the jails use are also in the rough areas and it is a concern but if he sticks with the other residents of the sober house he shold be ok. They look out for each other.

Nancy

I'm hoping he will be safe and that he's a changed person. Keeping fingers crossed for all of you.

rejectedmom

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back here. I had company for a few days. Well I got another letter and it is as I feared. difficult child will be in the city in a rough neighborhood. I do not know what is being offered to him besides housing but I do know he will have to find work as these places are not free rent. I guess the one good thing about being in a big city is that there are more jobs. I am hoping he will be able to stay out of trouble and am sending out good vibes to that effect. I truly hope he has changed and that three (incarcerations) is the charm. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. Thank you all! -RM

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I feel for you RM, our mother's hearts can get so frayed worrying about our difficult child's.......I will keep you and he in my prayers. Hugs to you.