difficult child is being very gfgish

Wiped Out

Staff member
Well it's October which has typically been a rough month for difficult child. We are starting to notice a little more anger and behavior issues in him. He threw a shoe at husband one day last week (supposedly not on purpose but he was angry with husband), a few incidents of supposedly accidentally "bumping" hard into others, bit me for no reason this morning (not particularly hard and through some covers-he was laughing not even really angry), was a real pain at the restaurant on Friday, been demanding and generally very moody.

Overall, it's minor compared to how things have been with difficult child. His antics aren't constant (other than his moodiness). We have our regularly scheduled monthly appointment with psychiatrist the week after this. He had said we could call to cancel if things were going as well as they had been. I'm not sure what to do. I was hoping to cancel. I guess I'll wait this week and see how he does.

He has been doing so well I am hoping he isn't starting a downward spiral. I hate this always waiting for the other shoe to drop!

F

flutterbee

I hate the always waiting for the other shoe to drop, too. Ugh!

So sorry you're seeing a bit of an escalation in his behavior. I'd be tempted to keep the psychiatrist appointment just in case.

Crossing fingers it's not the start of a downward spiral. :flower:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

I'd keep that appointment & give psychiatrist an update on the escalating behaviors. While it isn't as aggressive as it has been in the past, you don't want it to reach that level again.

Is difficult child hitting another growth spurt? I know with wm that throws him off behaviorally.

I'm keeping fingers crossed for a better day today.

LittleDudesMom

Sharon, I would definately keep the appointment. You know, difficult child just sees his psychiatrist for mainly medication management. He has never really opened up to him and we've been seeing Dr. M for four years! He really opens up to his therapist. Dr. J just seems to be the one he wants when things are going well or things are going bad. When things are a little escalated we see her more often. But we never go more than six weeks without a visit.

I hope things settle a little with difficult child. He really seemed to be "evening out" here lately. Let's hope it's not a wait for the other shoe, but just a little anxiety/adjustment to the school year, etc.

Sharon

slsh

member since 1999
Sharon - another vote for keeping the appointment. Sorry to hear he's revving up again.... sigh. Wonder what it is about Oct and difficult children - it's always been a rough month for thank you too.

Will keep fingers crossed that he doesn't escalate any further. Hang in there!

morningcuppa

Just a thought. My difficult child is always worses this time of year. We are in the UK and sometimes it is dull and not much sunshine.

I don't know what the weather is like where you are but could it be somethings to do with SAD. Seasonal affective disorder?

busywend

To me this is the hardest part of parenting a difficult child. The constant up and down, worry and anticipation. I used to think it was great to get the break from my difficult children behavior when it broke for a few days. But, when it came back it was like I was not used to it and it seemed harder to deal with.

Now when things go well, I stay prepared for the next downward spiral.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sharon, while minor in the scheme of our difficult child based bizarro world, his behavior is quite aggressive compared to peers in his age group. Keep the appointment is my vote.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone! We will keep the appointment. That's what I get for thinking we might actually be able to skip a month! :slap: After school today was horrible. He was in one very foul mood.