difficult child is coming over tommorow

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by upallnight, Apr 7, 2007.

1. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Hi, I haven't had any type of meaningful contact with difficult child in about a year and a half. The restraining order is still in place, but I am removing it Monday. I think he's doing well with his life and because of this, hopefully, won't be as angry and ready to steal, or be violent to us. I disowned my son pretty much for all this time, as heartbreaking as that is. We all have different scenarios with our difficult child's-I tried everything I could think of before it came to that. We'll see- hopefully tommorow will be fine. Wish me luck!-Alyssa
  2. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Have you thought about meeting him in a public place like a restaurant? I would be a little nervous about meeting him alone until you see if he has changed.

Just a thought. . . .

Good luck!

3. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

I think it will be ok because husband will be there -he is big. So is brother in law of course difficult child is big too(LOL)!! Everyone weighs about 250 and they are all strong!-Alyssa
  4. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that it is a happy holiday for the whole family.
    Hugs. DDD
  5. Sue C

Sue C Active Member

Here's hoping the reunion will be a good one. :smile:

6. Sunlight

Sunlight Active Member

if you do have a restraining order, you could get in trouble yourself if you violate it by being with him.
  7. ScentofCedar

ScentofCedar New Member

Wishing a safe and happy reunion!

8. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Alyssa, I hope it goes well. I'm sending good thoughts.

9. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the good thoughts. Janet I know I could get in trouble, I just really think it'll be ok. Monday I will remove it. I feel I need to test the waters first. -Alyssa
  10. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

If you have contact with difficult child while the restraining order is in place it makes it null and void. And like someone else said, you can get into trouble for violating the order yourself. When you have a rule out it pertains to all of the parties involved.

That said, I hope the visit goes well.

11. KFld

KFld New Member

Here's to a nice, peaceful visit. I hope all goes well and you have a wonderful holiday.