difficult child is digging himself out

tiredmommy

I'm glad he's salvaging his self-respect and dignity by getting back to work. Was this self-directed or did he come to his senses with you or husband's help?

Kathy813

Staff member
That's a very adult thing for your difficult child to do, Fran. It is quite impressive.

:bravo:

~Kathy

Fran

Former desparate mom
TM, difficult child seemed to realize that he may have crossed the line of parental love, acceptance and tolerance. He actually looked at the job sites without me. (whew). He said he wanted to make it right. He was going to go back and explain that he made a stupid mistake. I suggested he ask if there were any chance he could try again. The phone calls and planning all were him. Of course, he didn't know what the dress code would be or who he was to report to but they are all fixable.

He has made all the calls and has really tried to save himself. I didn't feel very generous of spirit the first few days.
It means a great deal to me that he be a good person regardless of his abilities. His character is not differently abled. Lying,feeling sorry for himself,blame and laziness are not characteristics I would like to see in an adult on a regular basis. I get really stressed when I see those emerging. So his actions mean a lot to me.

I always felt that difficult child will be a work in progress into his late 20's and 30's and maybe longer. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Marguerite

That showed a lot of initiative and courage, Fran. And he's not been out of work too long, either, so it was a quick turnaround, too.

Here's hoping he can make a fist of it this time.

Marg

ScentofCedar

[ QUOTE ]

TM, difficult child seemed to realize that he may have crossed the line of parental love, acceptance and tolerance.

He said he wanted to make it right.

It means a great deal to me that he be a good person regardless of his abilities.

His character is not differently abled.

Lying,feeling sorry for himself,blame and laziness are not characteristics I would like to see in an adult on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have done a good job, Fran.

Barbara

KFld

That is a huge step for a difficult child to pick up the phone and ask for his job back. Good for him!!!!!

Lothlorien

Glad to hear that he's trying to make things right. He's maturing. This is good. You should be proud of yourself for getting him this far. That's all a parent can ask for; that their child can learn from their mistakes and somehow learn to survive (respectfully) on their own, being self sufficient.

Nancy

I'll bet this has made a lasting impression on him and hopefully he willdraw on this experience in the future. It's a step forward for sure.

Nancy

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks everyone.
Update. The temp agency called to say the position isn't available. He was pretty disappointed.
We start again tomorrow.

Janna

Sorry to hear about the update and temp agency, Fran. Sounds like difficult child is willing and able to get back into the swing of it, though. Hope he finds something really soon.

Janna