difficult child is found.

Abbey

Spork Queen
As I suspected, he is back in a CA prison. I don't know for what, or for how long. I'm thinking he's been there for several months now. They wouldn't let me talk to him about his bio mom's death. That is not a good sign. They said they'd deliver the news. He's skated the 3 strike law in CA, but maybe not this time.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I assume there is somewhere online you can look up his last offense and how long he has to serve, at least Indiana offers that, if you really want to know. I hate to say it, but I almost dread when my difficult child gets out, I will just have to start worrying about his next offense and when he will "darken" our door....... Sometimes I don't want to know what he is doing........

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am so sorry Abbers - I was hoping it would have been the other place. :( Hope h is taking it as good as you. I'm sure this is upsetting to him as well.

My best guess is that it's a probation violations - most likely non-payment of fines and probation supervision- there is no recession reduction for anyone - which if you ask me is just redundant. California can't afford the ones they or any other place isn't working with people - and would rather put them in jail and support them. Makes NO sense to me whatsoever. :confused: If the fines went away FOR incarceration - that would be one thing but here in SC ? They're still there when you get out. DUH.

Hugs

donna723

I'm so sorry too Abbey.

But please don't take it as a bad sign that they wouldn't let you talk to him. That's just standard procedure for a prison - we don't EVER take a call to be transferred directly to an inmate and I seriously doubt if any prison does. In a case like this we would transfer the call to the Chaplain and he would deliver the message to the inmate. Or if the Chaplain wasn't there, the call would go to the inmates' counselor and he or she would talk to the inmate. It's a security thing. Of course, he could call you later himself, but telephone procedures would sometimes keep that from happening right away.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Donna, his counselor is on vacation this week. Good timing. I'll call back tomorrow and ask about the chaplain.

I don't know what difference it makes. He won't be able to attend any services anyways. Blah.

Abbey