difficult child is in the hospital

goingcrazyinwv

we took difficult child to see the psychiatrist today and after telling him about all that has been going on - the rage wed. with the busted door and how she terrorizes her brother and says she wants to kill him etc. the psychiatrist brought in anouther psychiatrist to talk to her and observe and she said she believes she was misdiagnosed and she believes it is Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified she sent her to inpatient for 3-5 days for evaluation and to stabalize her medications since she was on adderall for the adhd. It was a very hard day for us all she was really getting agitated at psychiatrist office and then when we got to the hospital she was going 900,000 miles an hr. running and climbing etc. then when she figured out she really had to stay she went into a rage - this has never happened at an appointment. she has only had rages at home. she was screaming and fighting and knocking things over it was aweful. It was so hard to leave her there. what if she hates us? I told her this was just so the doctors. could find out what medication she should be on and it would only be a few days and we will call and visit but she was just so angry she said she wouldn't take our calls or see us. It was just so aweful I had never seen her like that in public I know this is what is best for her but it is still so darn hard. we go tomorrow evening for a visit and to talk with the psychiatrist there I will let you all know how it goes.

Helen

F

flutterbee

She doesn't hate you. She's confused and scared and anger is the common outlet for those feelings for a lot of our kiddos.

I hope they are able to figure things out and get her stabilized.

(((hugs)))

smallworld

Helen, it is hard. Deep breaths. On the other hand, it's the best thing in the world that the psychiatrists saw her rage. It's the only way they'll be able to put the proper interventions into place.

If it is Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), make sure you come back on and post. In addition to medications, she will need intervention, both in school and out.

Hang in there. Things will get better.

Christy

I'm so sorry things have come to this. I feel your pain. My son is currently hospitalized (his first time) and husband and I are a mess. We want so much to go and sign him out and just work with him at home like we have done in the past. I have to keep telling myself that his rages were unsafe and we needed to do this. You did the thing even if it is so incredibly difficult.
((((hugs))))
Christy

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Oh sweetie, I have been there, it is a gutt wrenching thing to go through, I will most likely be going through it again soon. Praying this will bring a positve change for you and your difficult child <<<hugs>>>

janebrain

I know it is so hard but I am so glad that others saw her in a rage so they could see how bad it really is. She does not hate you! Stay strong...
Jane

Wiped Out

Staff member
I know how hard this is. My difficult child just was released from his third hospital stay. It was much harder on husband and me than on difficult child. He thrived on the structure and all the attention. As hard as this is it is the best thing for your difficult child right now. She really doesn't hate you. I also think it's probably a good thing that they saw her rage. My difficult child always had managed to hide his raging when in the hospital.

Sending gentle hugs for your hurting mommy heart.

tammyjh

I'm so sorry (((((hugs)))))
I do agree that its good that they were able to see her rage.

My difficult child was the opposite....she is always happy and excited to go to the hospital. Even when she had her first hospital stay, after she arrived, she was happy to see us go.:confused:

(((((hugs))))) I hope they can help get her stablized and on a more stable track.