difficult child is Making Progress... (No Jinx! No Jinx! No Jinx!)

InsaneCdn

Old habits die hard. And for difficult children, pre-filter on verbal usually isn't well developed. They say and then think. It takes lots of practice. What you did was... give her a thin slice of time to THINK, at which point, the rest of the picture clicked in and she caught on that this rant wasn't in her own best interests.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Old habits die hard. And for difficult children, pre-filter on verbal usually isn't well developed. They say and then think. It takes lots of practice. What you did was... give her a thin slice of time to THINK, at which point, the rest of the picture clicked in and she caught on that this rant wasn't in her own best interests.

I *hope* that's the case and that things clicked for her...

I guess (based on past experience) that I'm most worried that her cocky attitude wanting to brag about calling us bad names means that she feels she has 'gotten one over' on us - and if that's the case, then it's just a matter of waiting for the shoe to fall and find out what it is (or was).

--sigh--

InsaneCdn

DF - I understand the "waiting for chaos" feeling, but..
DO keep in mind that even when our difficult children are going UPWARD, it isn't a straight and narrow path... Sometimes, it isn't even "2 steps forward and one back"... it can be 5 forward and 4 back. For a while. But... as long as the forward exceeds the backward, she WILL get there.