difficult child Is Pregnant

TYLERFAN

Hi Family:

These last couple of days have been kind of surreal. May be I am in shock or something, maybe I have attained "detachment", but I can't say I feel much of anything.
Yesterday was a visitation day for difficult child with the baby. I went over there, we did some errands, she is still on restriction for re-lapsing less than 30 days ago..... :nonono:
Her roomates and the house manager, told me that she was doing well, working her steps, working with the sponsor, that she is respectful, etc.....all good things. :smile:
difficult child's best friend had relapsed over the weekend, they live in the same house. I was there when the girl came home...."lots o'Drama" going on.....difficult child behaved like an adult...mostly.
Still in the back of my mind I see her more rational....those pregnancy hormones.....this happened last time.....they even her out...
difficult child says she will terminate the pregnancy. She will never give her baby up for adoption, she is too unstable to make that kind of responsible decision. I worry about her mental health and the consequences of termination for her......it's not something anyone wants.
But when I look at Baby J, I wonder what the future holds for difficult child. I can't go there.
I will concentrate on Baby J and getting thru today.

Many blessings my friends, :kisses:
Melissa

amstrong

Meliss,

I read this about 10 minutes after you first posted it but was at a loss as to what I wanted to say. I am so sorry that this has been added to the many things you have dealt with regarding your difficult child. It sounds like although, gut-wrenching, you are handling it pretty well (waaaay better than I would).

I agree with whoever said it previously-go NOW for permanent custody of J.

I am praying for a positive outcome in all of this.

Hugs,

TYLERFAN

Thanks amstrong,
I wanted to ask DDD about that and forgot earlier...
The conditions of the custody order, are clean drug testing, etc. There is nothing about future drama......I'm not sure if the court would see this as dangerous behavior even though it is.
Anyone know what I mean?

Blessings,
Melissa

Loris

I'm so sorry. DDD is right, you can go for full custody. Especially if testing clean is on the plate. Her recent relaspe will count against her. Do they ever learn?!

KFld

My eyes popped out of my head and my jaw dropped when I saw this post. I am so so sorry. You have done so much for your grandson, and for her, but she isn't ready to see that yet and move on positively with her life yet. I hope this all turns out for the best for all of you.