difficult child is thinking about treatment

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by toughlovin, Dec 31, 2012.

1. toughlovin

toughlovin Well-Known Member

So difficult child is thinking about tx again....we shall see. The ball is in his court. I am not jumping thru hoops this time...and only places that take insurance directly?.we are not forking out big bucks.

But keeping my fingers crossed.

TL

2. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

My fingers are crossed for you too. Hugs DDD

3. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

Hi TL,
    Well, that sounds promising. I hope he is serious, for his sake.

4. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Keeping my fingers crossed, too!

5. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm joining the finger crossing crowd!

~Kathy

6. Signorina

Signorina Guest

Crossing fingers and toes

7. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

I hope he does and does it for the right reasons.

8. toughlovin

I don't know if he will do it for the right reasons but I realized what a relief it will be to me for him to be off the streets! I look forward to sleeping better!

TL

9. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

Yep. I get the relief part. I hate that my son's choices landed him in juvie, but I sleep really well knowing he is being taken care of. I am free to do things that I could not do when he was home.

10. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Crossing fingers TL. New year...new hope!

11. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Here's hoping this time is the time they get through to him!!!!

12. pinevalley

pinevalley Member

I'm crossing fingers and toes for you too! Sending good wishes to you and your difficult child. HUGS!

13. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Well...he may rethink it...they are now opening up a club in Denver to smoke. Club 64. Now he can just go spend his time inside the club and not be cold! Just kidding. I dont think they have figured out where this club is going to have a location. It may be a traveling club. Now that should be interesting.

14. toughlovin

Lol....bet it won't be open all night to sleep though! From what he writes on fb I think he wants to get off the street...seems to be spending a lot of time at Starbucks!

TL

15. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Isnt that what they do after a night of smoking? Smoke, eat and then sleep! BYOPot,munchies and sleeping bag...lol.

Supposedly they had a New Years Eve party. Very mellow and happy time had by all!

16. toughlovin

A little update... my difficult child got his ID. Yay... and then of course posted on face book that his first purchase being of age was a bottle of jack daniels. Ick.... at least he bought it although how he got the money I dont want to know.

But he did say today he wanted to go treatment and would we be willing to get him a bus ticket??? So he is getting slightly less entitled because he didnt ask for a plane ticket. LOL.

So we shall see if he gets himself to treatment... and yes I told him we would get him a bus ticket and no I did not offer a plane ticket.

TL

17. battlefatigue

battlefatigue New Member

Hi I', battlefatigue. Have 21 year old son who just left rehab and yes I let him in my house. This is my first time on this site and don"t know how it works. can someone out there respons so I know its working :)

18. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hello, battlefatigue. Yes, I can see your post. Welcome to the CD board. Could you tell us a little more of your story? Many of us on the SA forum have had adult children in rehab so we can offer advice and support.

~Kathy

19. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hi battlefatique. I suggest you make a new thread and tell us your story so we can welcome you. Glad you are here.

Nancy

20. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

You're doing good, TL...
    Hang in there.