difficult child just called . . .

Kathy813

Staff member
difficult child just called and I could hear the happiness in her voice as soon as she said hi. I asked her what was up and she said that the director was going to call me but she wanted to tell me the good news first.

I asked her what the good news was and she said that her newest roommate had just gotten kicked out after bringing tequila into their room. She had offered difficult child some repeatedly and difficult child repeatedly turned her down. The girl got busted by the director and told him the whole story including how she had tried to get difficult child to drink with her but that difficult child kept saying no.

The director told difficult child how proud he was of her and that it is hard for people to get on his good list but she was on it and doing great and he was going to call me to tell me that.

difficult child said that the best part of all was that she didn't even want the alcohol when given the chance.

I told her that I was very proud of her but more importantly she should be proud of herself. She said she was and felt bad for the girl that got kicked out. She said that the girl had come directly into the halfway house without treatment and that difficult child thought that the girl should have gone to rehab first like she did.

This is the girl that we had to force into rehab kicking and screaming after we kicked her out of our house. I know that I have to keep up my guard and that she could relapse at any time but the excitement in her voice just warmed my heart.

~Kathy

InsaneCdn

This is the girl that we had to force into rehab kicking and screaming after we kicked her out of our house. I know that I have to keep up my guard and that she could relapse at any time but the excitement in her voice just warmed my heart.

{{happy hygs}}

Kathy - if your difficult child is anything like my GFGbro was... once he hit this point, it was 10 steps forward and one back... there were LITTLE things, but the direction was positive. Hope your difficult child keeps on that same path.

DDD

This is the most "UP" post yet, Kathy. I can see the smile on your face and the warmth in your heart.
Hugs DDD

Nancy

Yay! Wonderful news. It's a huge step once theylern how to say no!

Now let's keep the momentum going by getting that job.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Thanks, all, for the encouragement and support. I think this was the first time that I have heard difficult child excited about her sobriety.

Now let's keep the momentum going by getting that job.

Yeah, Nancy, from your mouth to God's ears. She said that she felt that the interview yesterday went very well but she hasn't heard back from them. She was going to call them today and thank them for the interview and tell them that she is very interested in the position and hopes to hear from them soon.

I think that an email would be better than a call because they might feel put on the spot. However, I think that I need to let her do this her way so if she gets the job she will have gotten it on her own.

Keep those fingers and toes crossed for her.

~Kathy

lovemysons

Kathy,

Two things...
I LOVE your response to difficult child that you were proud of her but that MORE IMPORTANTLY she could be proud of herself!
And second...
I LOVE that you are letting difficult child handle the job process on her own without your input or interference.

Sounds like you are doing a great job at letting "go". That this is her recovery and her life.
Good Job Mom,
LMS

Zardo

For goodness sake.....with all the c$#@! that we all go through - I think you and we are MORE than entitled to celebrate the good times. Good for difficult child and I am so happy for you that you can share in her happiness. Celebrate, then put it behind you and keep cautiously moving forward. Go difficult child!

Kathy,

It is so nice to hear some good news about a difficult child! You have every right to feel good about your daughter, because it sounds like she has made great progress in fighting her addictions. Congratulations to you both!