difficult child left for New Orleans yesterday

Nancy

difficult child and 239 fellow band members left on a bus trip yesterday morning for New Orleans to play in the BCS football game on Monday evening. Hopefully she will remember to take her pills or it will be a long week for her roommates. Of course she waited until the very last minute to pack and resisted any of my help so I have no idea if she has what she needs for the trip but I am going to enjoy this week and the quiet.

The band director has given them strict rules and threatened to send any offender home on a plane at the parents' expense if needed. Gosh I hope that my difficult child doesn't make school history to be the first one sent home from a band trip.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Nancy,

When I read the title of your thread I was afraid that you meant that she ran away. Whew/phew ~ I'm glad that I was wrong.

That's where my difficult child ran to when she was a senior and left home for a week. She and another difficult child went to Madri Gras. It turned out that they ended up sleeping in their car and didn't have a very good time.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your difficult child doesn't make school history and that you have a wonderful week of peace and quiet.

~Kathy

klmno

Sounds great to me! Band was a wonderful experience for me and I was so excited when difficult child joined this year. I don't know if he'll do it again next year but it's been great for him.

I too, thought maybe something horrible had happened but am glad to hear this is a good experience and all will work out!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Enjoy the respite. Most of us never get that break from difficult child dom even when they are doing pretty well.
I know what you mean about wondering if she will be sent home. Not to burst your bubble but difficult child always was sent home after a day or so. At least that's how it seems. Your difficult child is older and more functional so as long as she doesn't get a wild streak going you should be free of phone calls and extra expense.
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you finally have a feeling of what it feels like to have that stress off your shoulders for a few days.