difficult child- left for School happy and optimistic/home at Foster Home very sad.

Jody

She went to school in her new clothes, and with a new attitude and with a big smile and she wanted to make friends when she smiled and waived at kiids who kind of liked her she got the cold sholder. She is at her foster home crying and very sad. I wish I could comfort her and talk to her about it but not being there I can't. Ugh, I guess this is a learning thing. I hate mean kids though. Sometimes they are just so cruel.

susiestar

Roll With It
Is it possible that the kids became afraid of her last year and are still afraid of her? Just because she is doing better doesn't mean the people she has hurt have moved past those hurts. This might be a very good lesson for her if someone can help her understand that she must earn their trust again, and that it will not be easy to do that. Just as it is very hard for you to handle it when she has raged at you then turned and wanted to be lovey and cuddley, other children may feel the same about her.

It is SO hard when we see our kids hurt by other kids at school, and kids CAN be very cruel, with and without reason. It might be good to send a note to the school counselor to ask her to work with the entire class on this issue.