difficult child left last night...

flutterby

Fly away!
...and I am soooooooooooo bored!!!

It was a gorgeous day and I went shopping in our uptown area. That was nice. But, it couldn't last forever.

I can't seem to find anything to do with myself.

ARGHHHHHHH!!! I've gotten used to the chaos!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!! :please:

Andy

MSN Games - BubbleTown - I just started playing it tonight and am hooked. I have played Cubis 2 non-stop for the last few weeks - time for a new obsession - I think I have found it.

I also like Flowerz.

Andy

p.s. If that doesn't work, I would be glad to send you one diva, one difficult child, and one diva puppy who has a $5 bill in her mouth at the moment per the Avatar. difficult child was giving Bella money so he could get pictures of her with money (its the banker in him).

flutterby

Fly away!
I'll take the difficult child and the puppy, but will let you keep the Diva, and I will send you a cat that likes to pick fights and trip you when you walk. Sounds like a fair trade to me. :tongue:

difficult child is sending me email updates with lots of pictures. She's not even to her destination yet, but it sounds like she's having a good time. I talked to them about an hour ago and they were driving through Wisconsin. R is stopping at various places along the way and buying small souvenirs for difficult child and difficult child is just rolling her eyes. :rofl:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad they are having fun and difficult child is keeping in touch.

Use this time to practice some meditation (you can find guidd ones online), do an activity you haven't done in a while (NO, picking up some guy to give you a massage was NOT what I meant - you just CANNOT cheat on Raoul!!! But maybe Raoul can pop in for a visit, esp if he thinks you are looking to strange men for massages!!!)

(back to my corner now)

This could be a great time to just learn to be you with-o all the external chaos.

and those computer games sound like fun!!

Hugs!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad the trip has started off well and hope it continues.

It's interesting how use to the chaos we get. Use this time to take care of you and pamper yourself. I've been playing a lot of on line sudoko lately and just finished reading a good book, American Wife.

Andy

O.K., Last night I exchanged difficult child and diva puppy for a cat. Poor kitty is all I can say! :) How was my difficult child for you? Did he continually pop into your face to see if you still look the same? What ailments was he dying of last night?

That was an interesting evening - poor kitty. Wasn't too bad though. Diva does well with pets and she kept kitty happy. I think I got the better part of the deal.

What's on taps for tonight?

I am thinking of planning a trip down to MOA to do a visual for you on your difficult child. Problem is, I wouldn't know who she was if I saw her, but any excuse to go shopping right?

I am glad your difficult child is enjoying her trip. And have you settled into enjoying her trip?

flutterby

Fly away!
Andy, she's the one with jet black, straightened hair, too much eyeliner, an Invader Zim shirt, and a nose ring who always looks angry because she thinks everyone is thinking mean thoughts about her so she gives everyone the evil eye. Plus, she doesn't like her smile. You shouldn't miss her. :tongue:

nvts

hey! why not head over and take a few guitar lessons? hmmmm?

:bigsmile::bigsmile::rofl:

Beth

PS: I headed to the corner now...

Andy

O.K. Looks like you will be busy with guitar lessons tonight. Is that something from last Spring/Summer? I seem to recall something when I was new to the board.

Gotta let you know that between work, helping with the 2nd grade Social study class and bowling, firearms safety class, I zipped down to the MOA to do that visual I promised. (I learned how to beam around while watching Star Trek as a kid) I think I did see your difficult child. I hung out in the Under Water World and sure enough, along comes this girl that matches your difficult child's description. Very pretty and dressed in black. She was enjoying herself and all the creatures of the water world. I had to laugh though when she arrived at the large shark's tank. The largest of large shark headed toward her and she instantly went into her famous, "I am difficult child, don't mess with me" mode and gave the shark her meanest look. I tell you, I have never seen a shark high tail it to the opposite side of the tank so fast! Everyone was looking around to see what just happened. But of course, no one figured it out because your difficult child went back to her happy mode. It was all I could do to not laugh out loud. Good for her. You know she can handle herself well when threatened.

So, how many nights did you say she would be gone? I will try to help you with ideas for each night. Let us know how the guitar lessons go tonight. Maybe you just want to go back there a few more times?

(I'd go to the corner but then who will give you ideas?)

flutterby

Fly away!
Well, so much for the night to myself. :(

difficult child 2 spent the night last night, which would have been ok had his difficult child girlfriend not called every...ohhhh...10 minutes. And when he wouldn't answer his cell, she called my house (I'm so mad that my number was given out). So, when he told her not to call the house, she had a male friend call and ask for difficult child 2. When she got on the phone, he told her again not to call the house and she started to argue. So, I picked up an extension and told her that this is my house and to stop calling. Then at 12:40am get a call from private caller and they hang up when I answer. :mad: difficult child 2, who had been asleep, texted her and told her not to call. She then called him on his cell and wanted to argue with him...something about something she wanted him to do and he didn't want to. He told her he was sleeping, but she wouldn't stop and they were getting louder and I, well, kinda went off. Actually, no kinda about it. I went off. This is my house, you know. I don't want the drama in MY house.

So....when difficult child 2 told me he was going home tonight, I was thinking it was going to be so nice to have the house to myself. easy child worked and then went to change his brakes. He's still not home. I would have had so much peace and quiet.

Except, that while cooking dinner, difficult child 2 started talking about stuff - nothing in particular - and the more he talked, the more worked up he got. To the point where he said that he wants to go home, take his mom's car and go to his girlfriend's and just do something stupid. Sigh............

It's like watching my difficult child get herself worked up. Difference is my difficult child gets worked up much faster; however, difficult child 2 goes out and does stupid stuff that could land him in juvie.

At that point, I told him that I wanted him to stay here. I don't want him do anything stupid. Or, rather, anything else stupid.

I took him home to get clothes and he's yelling at his brother and yelling at his mom. His girlfriend is calling his cell every 10 minutes even though he told her he was mad and would call her when he calmed down. And I'm just staying as serene as possible, repeating to myself that I can't control how other people act; only how I react. Deep breaths.

And now she's mad because she doesn't want him to stay here. She wants him to stay at home so he can take off in his mom's car (he doesn't have his license, either - besides the fact that he wouldn't have permission to go and is on probation) and go down and see her. :mad::mad: I'm pretty sure that's what she was arguing with him about last night at 1 in the morning; because he had changed his mind.

by the way, I called her house at 1:30am and asked to speak to her mother. "She's sleeping." I responded that I would expect her to be sleeping at that hour just like you would expect one to be sleeping at 12:40am when she called and hung up. "Oh, no. That wasn't me.", all innocent. I told her that I didn't believe her and not to call my house again. At least she hasn't.

Never said I was nice. Disrupting what's supposed to be my restful week. :faint:

Oh, and this girlfriend is also working on her 3rd phantom pregnancy. :whiteflag:

But, other than that I've enjoyed my break. :rofl: :hammer:

flutterby

Fly away!
You ladies are funny. I would go to the guitar lesson, but I would look pretty silly sitting there without a guitar. :tongue: Don't want to scare the man. :stalker:

difficult child will be home sometime this weekend. The actual day is up in the air.

Andy, difficult child has a happy mode??? What does it look like? :rofl:

Your difficult child did pop his head in my face and he had a mini heart attack before he realized that it was me, not you. You'd really changed. :tongue:

Andy

Guitar or no guitar - sounds like it would have been more peaceful than staying at home.

And yes, your difficult child does have a happy mode - it is very well hidden. If she knew that someone was reporting back to mom, she wouldn't show it. Just ask PCA when they return - no, better yet, call PCA and ask for some pictures of difficult child relaxing and not realizing she is being watched. Like that commercial on t.v. where they take the grumpy daughter on vacation and capture a smile which she quickly turns to a frown when she realized she was "happy".

OMG - I never even thought about his reaction to looking at someone else. I bet he was surprised. Probably why he is now saying, "Mom, why can't you look different?" I just don't understand why he wants to remember my face.

:rofl:

Sounds like difficult child 2 had best break it off with girlfriend. She is trying to get him to do something he doesn't want to do while calling him all hours of the night sure sounds like trouble to me. Give him lots of praise for standing for what is right. He needs to verbalize to her that he will not disrespect his mom (or you) by doing whatever it is she wants him to do.

Next time leave difficult child at home and YOU go on vacation.

flutterby

Fly away!
Andy said:
Next time leave difficult child at home and YOU go on vacation.

:slap: Why didn't I think of that?

In true difficult child logic, difficult child 2 said that he didn't want to take off in his mom's car - not because he was worried about cops because he's a good driver (that's arguable - I've ridden with him :tongue:) and he takes a route to avoid them; and not because he's worried about his mom getting mad because he doesn't care; but because he is trying to do the right thing. :hammer:

At least he's got part of it, eh?

Andy, have you ever considered sneaking on a mask? :devil:

(off to my corner)