difficult child lost his job at the prison on his third day!

DDD

I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember how to edit a post title so I'm doing an update here. Really I did not expect his job to last but I almost fell out of my chair when I heard the news. The first word was that he "quit". easy child/difficult child tells me he was "fired" for allegedly comparing the prison to Nazi war camps. He just doesn't get social interaction and appropriateness either as the result of his Aspergers or his Schizoeffective disorder.

His Mother, GFGmom, is starting the quest for Disability again. He had it a few years ago and then the Psychologist who reevaluated him got sucked in by all difficult child's "up" and "normal" presentation. He gave positive answers to all the questions. How are you doing? Great! Are you able to work? Absolutely!
What job do you have? I don't have a job right now but I am enrolling at the college because I want to be a nurse. "Glad to hear you are doing so well, difficult child. Good luck!" Two weeks later a letter saying "you are no longer eligible for Disability or Medicaid.

How crazy (no pun intended!) it is when Gov't deals with MH issues! Then again many of you also know. Sigh. DDD

dashcat

I am so sorry to hear this. It is so frustrating when they cannot control what comes out of their mouths. And the disability thing? YIKES!!!!
Dash

DDD - I am sorry to hear that. I don't imagine you're at all surprised but it is still disappointing.

I hope he gets the disability again and hopefully his psychiatric evaluations can be done by the same psychiatrist if they need to be done regularly. Or maybe you can have some input into them or GFGmom?
:smile:

Geez DDD, That is a disappointment. I must have missed where he wasn't getting disability anymore, he'll get it again. Sigh.