difficult child quit his job with oldest difficult child...

lovemysons

They had falling out the other day. Apparently oldest difficult child wishes younger difficult child were never born, sigh...so sad. They used to be very close...but yet polar opposites as far a personality and inclinations...with the exception of their drug/alcohol use beginning in the teen years.

difficult child is still staying in Extended stay hotel. He quit his job on Wed. and by Thurs morn had interview with fellow "Fire Alarm Install" company. I believe he is supposed to start his new job this Tues. husband says that difficult child is being given a job as a "lead"...this should be interesting as difficult child does not have the best negotiating/compromising skills and difficulty expressing direction.

He mentioned suicidal feelings to me the other day and I told him it sounded like he needed to be in a hospital.
I don't know what will happen next...I try and stay very positive though when I speak to him.

I called to speak to daughter in law last night at her mother's home and daughter in law and grandkids were apparently out with difficult child.
difficult child told me that he thinks he will be able to rent a mobile home from someone he will be working with soon...but who knows.

Please hold on to a good thought for difficult child.
It is his time to "make it or break it" as they say!
LMS
ps...husband and I are no longer supplying gas, food, housing, $$$...Only emotional support.

DDD

I'll be holding my breath, LMS. Figuratively :) not literally. I'm glad to see you update. Hugs DDD

trinityroyal

LMS, I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that this is difficult child 2's "make" moment, rather than his "break" moment.

lovemysons

DDD, Trinityroyal, and Recoveringenabler...
Thank you all SO much for the caring replies. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers for difficult child.

He texted me last night and said he was "Living with a homeless guy...moved all my stuff outside of the county I'm supposed to be in. I don't want to be violated Im so stressed I've got work in the morning I'll be there early."

I texted him back this morning and said, "You're a survior J. You can do this."

So difficult child is worried about living out of County as it violates the conditions of his Parole...but yet he wasnt' too worried a month ago about "Using" though THAT is Most certainly a violation of Parole!

I do know that difficult child went to "Meet the Teacher night" last night for his oldest child, grandson J, who is starting Kindergarten. I was pleased to hear that he was taking a role in his son's life for a change.

I think difficult child likes his new job and from what he says they like him! So so far...Positive report!

Please keep the thoughts and prayers for difficult child coming...I know they have an effect! I believe it in my heart.

Hugs and love to you guys,
LMS

DDD

I continue to root for him BUT I am shaking my head. Why do difficult child's break the rules and then get anxious that they are going to get caught? Especially, sigh, making the choice to move over the County line?? Somewhere within the County he and the "homeless guy" could find a unit to share. Right? Right. I'm still rootin' but I think I'd like to lovingly give him a slap in the head and ask WHY? :) Don't worry, Tammy, I'm not really traveling to Texas. LOL DDD

lovemysons

You made me laugh DDD!

Thanks for being on my team and rooting for Mr difficult child!
And thank you too Recoveringenabler! Yall are the bestest!!!

LMS

DammitJanet

Lordy..well I hope the new job works out well and if he manages to actually get a permanent address maybe he could go to parole and ask for it to be transferred to the new county. I have heard of that being done plenty of times. I have even heard of them changing states.

I will just keep on keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. I will say extra ones for you.

lovemysons

Thank you so much Janet.

difficult child is living in a rough area right now from what I understand and hopes to upgrade his situation as soon as he gets his first big paycheck...and move in county again.
This new job pays every two weeks instead of weekly like he's used to.

by the way, I keep your difficult child in my thoughts and prayers too.
Call me anytime you get some time.
Hugs,
LMS