difficult child quote of the day

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by slsh, May 14, 2009.

1. slsh

slsh member since 1999

"I guess you guys were right, for once."

Not sure what we were right about (husband is dealing with- difficult child for now - I'm on hiatus), but it sounds like "reality" is possibly intruding on his lifestyle.

I hate that he's struggling right now with real life, but on the other hand this kind of validates for me that we made the right choice in forcing him to deal with- his own situation rather than rescuing him.

husband is doing a good job - he was giving him tips on cheap groceries tonight. But he's also not giving difficult child an opening to whine about his life. This was difficult child's choice and he needs to figure out what to do with it now.

But how often does a difficult child admit the parental units were right? ;)

2. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sue....Cory sees we were right more and more these days. In fact, we have become so much smarter now it is downright amazing! I have to scratch my head to figure out how my IQ has declined so much if I have become so much smarter...lol.

3. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Hugs,
    Suz

4. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

{{{Hugs}}} It's a start...

5. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm noticing that I'm getting a bit smarter as Miss KT gets older...guess there really is hope!

6. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

There must be something in the air. I was told today that I was right by both of my kids.

7. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Hmmmm. Can I wish for my kids to catch this disease?

beth

8. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Susie...too funny. I think everyone goes through that.

Abbey

9. SRL

SRL Active Member

I did note that he was sure to qualify the statement by including "for once". Wouldn't want to give you too much credit. ;)

10. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

slsh, It is a board miracle!!!! LOL!

11. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I second Busywends assessment -

IT IS A MIRACLE!!!!!!!