difficult child said the funniest thing...I had to share

tryinghard

OK,

I tought I would share something that might make a few of you chuckle...

Last night difficult child and I are sitting on the floor putting together presentation packets for a breakfast meeting this morning.

It was so much fun, and he was just talking away.

Out of the blue he says, "Mom, I hear kids say, "You should wear a condiment" I do not understand what that means".

I said, "Son, what exactly do the kids say" (Keep in mind he is in sixth grade)

He says, "They say when you have sex you need to wear a condiment"

It was so hard for me not to laugh!

I said, "Oh, I think I understand now. What they are saying is a condom not a condiment" I explained what a condiment was and what a condom was.

He asked why does a man wear a condom. I explained about pregnancy and sexual transmitted diseases. He wanted to know more about the diseases and what they do. I only had to name three and he yelled, "Oh my god, I am NEVER having sex. That is disgusting"

Then he said, "It is good you explained this to me, now I can correct everyone tomorrow and explain what a condom is" LMAO. I told him that this was really a private conversation and sex is something that the kids should talk to their parents about. I told difficult child to tell the kids to talk to their parents.

I sure hope he doesn't end up in the principals office today!

Oh our difficult child's...gotta love em!

Christy

That is so funny! By the way, it whipped cream considered a condiment? LOL

But seriously, you handled that very well. It was infromation he needed because he had heard misinformation. The conversation probably went much smoother than if you would have planned a talk about sex. This was much less awkward. Talk about a teachable moment! Way to go mom!

Christy

muts80

First of all...LMAO!!! Second of all...GOOD ONE CHRISTY! "Is whipped cream a condiment?" This definitely made me smile this morning! Glad to hear funny things on here, not just troubles. Thanks!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Or did they mean... condom mint? They do come in flavors, don't they? :rofl:

You handled that beautifully!

tryinghard

Oh Christy, you made me laugh so hard!!!

gvcmom, when I first read "condom mint" I thought oh lord, please don't tell me that they a actually have mint condoms and I misinformed my son!!!

Yeah, I am still chuckling today. I wish I had a video tape of it..you guys would have been rolling on the floor.

I try to cherish these moments...:crazy1:

Andy

That's one to tuck away for his wedding day :)

My 5th grader also thinks it is disgusting. He states he will have one boy and one girl. If he has two boys or two girls than he will need to talk to his wife to see if they want to do it again.

tryinghard

Oh that is a great idea!! The whole story should get a good laugh from the crowd on his wedding day.

That is too funny about your son!