difficult child sent me an email...

flutterby

Fly away!
...with links to information on Paranoid Personality Disorder. :faint:

I then had to explain her why she doesn't have it. She seemed to be really annoyed about that.

I went to bed before she did last night, which is pretty unusual, and she locked and bolted all the doors. (Ummmm....we don't normally lock them.) easy child tried to come home and couldn't get in because of the safety latch. He called and difficult child let him in.

He told me today that she had told him that she locked them because she was "hearing things and was paranoid". She didn't tell me about it. I worry that she doesn't tell me things because she doesn't want to burden me because of my health. :( I have noticed that every time I go to bed before she does, that all the doors are locked and bolted when I get up.

She left today for MN. She was excited, but very anxious, too. I really hope she has a good time. She's never been away from me for this long except for with my mom - and that was under duress.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope she has a great time and that her anxiety doesn't get in the way. I think you're right about difficult child (at least from what you've shared about her over time here).. she's not PPD at all. She might be paranoid, but that's very different.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure my dad is a combo of PPD and Borderline (BPD). My mom and I were reading the criteria the other day, saying "Yep...yep...yep...yep..." He's always been the way he is, we just never knew there was a name for it besides crazy! :p

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope difficult child does have a wonderful time on her trip. (keeping fingers crossed and holding good thoughts)

Hmmm. As fearful as Nichole can get.......I've never known her to lock a door. Of course that could be because she knows Molly would eat anyone who came in uninvited. But still........

Think I'll do some research on PPD when I get a chance. I'd think though that her symptoms would be more pronounced if she had it. Most especially the paranoia. But the paranoia can be present with other conditions.

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, meant to add.........

Nichole has agreed to watch the boys on sat nites for easy child at her house. This will be the first time in her life being the only adult in a house.....at night....no dogs for warning or protection. I'm very interested in how this is going to go.

flutterby

Fly away!
Thank you, ladies.

Gcvmom - I had never read about PPD until she sent me the links. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I'm so sorry that you think your dad has it...or even traits.

Lisa - I wonder if Nichole will end up coming back for Molly - or taking her along after the first time. Molly seems to be her security blanket. difficult child hasn't had a "security blanket" for a long time. I almost wish she hadn't gotten tired of the blankie at times like these.

OH! She had taught herself to knit some time ago - well over a year ago, maybe two. This week she taught herself to crotchet. She's planning on making a throw for my mom's birthday. She's on her second book in guitar lessons, even though she's only made it to about 2 out of 4 or 5 (depending on how many weeks in the month) lessons out of every month the last several months. Her guitar instructor - the cute one ~googly eyed~ - said he's only had 2 students get through the second book and he's really excited because he has no doubt that she'll do it. I'm sure glad the creative gene didn't skip her like it did me. I think it's a really good outlet for her. And she's talking about taking photography next year in HS. She got a really nice digital camera for her birthday.

Had to brag a bit. :D

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good for her with the crochet!!! I've done it since I was oh, about 5 or 6, taught all 3 of my kids while they were little. easy child only recently found the patience to sit and crochet......and she's done several throws already. It's a great outlet. Wonderful about the guitar too. And heck, I may ask her for tips on knitting someday, it is most certainly not my strongsuit. lol

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
I need a scarf - will send the yarn.......:tongue:

I hope she has a good time......I can remember copying something out of a library book when I was younger and she looked at me like I had 3 eyes then said - IF something was wrong with you - don't you think I'd know?

I'm glad the internet wasn't around when we were young......I think by now I'd be like that email that goes around every now and then that says how paranoid I'd be - if I don't send this email to 12 people in the next 10 minutes my hair will fall out. (actually wish I had sent that one - my hair is falling out) lol

Hope all is well.......isn't it funny that she picked Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) and not something like schizophrenic or sociopathic? IT's almost like our kids are saying - well I have this - because.........(fill in the blank) I think if I had to be a teenager in todays world I'd probably be paranoid and freaked out too.