difficult child Starts his job tomorrow

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Coookie, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Coookie

Coookie Active Member

Hello Friends....

Well difficult child made it through the background check and the badging process and starts his job tomorrow. :dance: I have the day off which is probably very good because then he can acclimate himself without "Mom" being in the vicinity. :916blusher:

I'm hoping with everything I have that difficult child will not self-sabbotage this (as seems to have been his MO in the past) and I'm asking all of you to PLEASE rattle beads, pray, light candles, .... whatever and send those good thoughts our way.

husband and I are optomistic but I still carry that little bit of fear... PTSD I think. He was hired a month to the day that he came back.

Praying that my difficult child is on a good road now....and whatever bumps are just that.... bumps... not mountains... :faint:

Hugs

2. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Sending good thoughts, Cookie. You have reason to be apprehensive.
    Hope for the best, plan for the worst. It's all we can do at this age.

I wouldn't give him too much praise or accolades. It seems to trigger his
    self sabotage behavior.

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Sending loads of good juju and positive thoughts and prayers - everything good! He WILL do well!

4. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Good thoughts for success being sent to both of you

Marcie

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Keeping body parts crossed and saying prayers difficult child is able to make this job a success.

Hugs

6. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Good luck to all.

7. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Inside? Doing the happy explosive naked moonlight chicken liver on elbow dance

Outside? Oh a job - good for you, and walks off.

SAY NO MORE - I'm shaking beads so hard you'd think I started a Mariachi band.

8. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I'm with Star.

9. WiscKaren

WiscKaren New Member

Wishing him and you good luck in this new journey!

Isn't it sad though that when something goes right, we are always waiting for the ball to drop? I know in my situation, if something good happens, chances are something bad is sure to follow. Sad, sad, sad.

...But I'm hoping and praying that doesn't happen here to you!

10. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

Good luck to him (and to you).

I will be waiting to hear how it goes.

Love, Esther

11. Coookie

Coookie Active Member

:DThank you all. I ended up working yesterday too so I couldn't get on the board but he really liked it and he likes the people he works with too. :thumbsup: Most of them are around his age, including the assistant managers, so I think that is a plus. A very young crew. He works again tomorrow and then most of next week. With retail your hours are all over the place. :hammer: But that is OK!!!!

Keep the good thoughts, prayers, lit candles and naked chicken liver dances... :dance:LOL.. coming.

Hugs

12. slsh

slsh member since 1999

Robby, glad it went well!! Will rattle beads for continued success for difficult child - and that you can keep from letting your eyes stray over there *too* often!! ;)

13. gottaloveem

gottaloveem Active Member

:yourock::goodluck::yes::woohoo::happyguy::jumphappy:

Looking towards a brighter future for C.
    He is doing this all himself. Quite different than before he left.
    I have high hopes for him.

14. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I'm joining the naked chicken liver dance conga line. :cutie_pie:

Fingers crossed, Robby. Stay calm. :)

Suz

15. Scent of Cedar II

Scent of Cedar II New Member

I'm here, too. :)

Barbara

16. Sue C

Sue C Active Member

Glad to hear he liked it!!!!

sue

17. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Rattling the bed, Robbie. (Anyone been around long enough to remember that one?)

18. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Glad to hear things are going well. I know my daughter loved retail and working with people her own age. It really is a great place to be for our kids, I think.

19. jannie

jannie trying to survive....

Sending goog thoughts...Glad the first day went well !!

20. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

I don't know you too well yet Robby, but I wanted to wish difficult child luck on his first day of work... ;)