difficult child Starts his job tomorrow

Coookie

Hello Friends....

Well difficult child made it through the background check and the badging process and starts his job tomorrow. :dance: I have the day off which is probably very good because then he can acclimate himself without "Mom" being in the vicinity. :916blusher:

I'm hoping with everything I have that difficult child will not self-sabbotage this (as seems to have been his MO in the past) and I'm asking all of you to PLEASE rattle beads, pray, light candles, .... whatever and send those good thoughts our way.

husband and I are optomistic but I still carry that little bit of fear... PTSD I think. He was hired a month to the day that he came back.

Praying that my difficult child is on a good road now....and whatever bumps are just that.... bumps... not mountains... :faint:

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sending good thoughts, Cookie. You have reason to be apprehensive.
Hope for the best, plan for the worst. It's all we can do at this age.

I wouldn't give him too much praise or accolades. It seems to trigger his
self sabotage behavior.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Inside? Doing the happy explosive naked moonlight chicken liver on elbow dance

Outside? Oh a job - good for you, and walks off.

SAY NO MORE - I'm shaking beads so hard you'd think I started a Mariachi band.

WiscKaren

Wishing him and you good luck in this new journey!

Isn't it sad though that when something goes right, we are always waiting for the ball to drop? I know in my situation, if something good happens, chances are something bad is sure to follow. Sad, sad, sad.

...But I'm hoping and praying that doesn't happen here to you!

Coookie

:DThank you all. I ended up working yesterday too so I couldn't get on the board but he really liked it and he likes the people he works with too. :thumbsup: Most of them are around his age, including the assistant managers, so I think that is a plus. A very young crew. He works again tomorrow and then most of next week. With retail your hours are all over the place. :hammer: But that is OK!!!!

Keep the good thoughts, prayers, lit candles and naked chicken liver dances... :dance:LOL.. coming.

Hugs

slsh

member since 1999
Robby, glad it went well!! Will rattle beads for continued success for difficult child - and that you can keep from letting your eyes stray over there *too* often!! ;)

gottaloveem

:yourock::goodluck::yes::woohoo::happyguy::jumphappy:

Looking towards a brighter future for C.
He is doing this all himself. Quite different than before he left.
I have high hopes for him.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm joining the naked chicken liver dance conga line. :cutie_pie:

Fingers crossed, Robby. Stay calm. :)

Suz

meowbunny

Glad to hear things are going well. I know my daughter loved retail and working with people her own age. It really is a great place to be for our kids, I think.