difficult child Thinks He's Punishing Me

B

Bunny

husband and I are having a "disagreemnt" about something. We got a little loud about it, which is really unusual for us. Anyway, difficult child is mad at me for being mad at is father and decided that he was not going to eat any food that I made for dinner until I was "nice to dad". I told him that was his choice and if he chose not the eat, not my problem.

His response? "If you loved me you would care that I don't want to eat your dinner."

That loud sound you hear is me banging my head against a brick wall.

L

Liahona

I'd tell you to tell him give it a few days and I'll love you enough to take you to hospital for an IV. But I'm afraid he'd then not eat for a few days.

Does husband back you up? difficult child needs to know that even though husband and you are having a disagreement difficult child isn't to be in the middle of it.

B

Bunny

He didn't go hungry. He made himself a can of Chef Boy Ar'dee.

And no, husband didn't tell him anything. I tried to tell him that it was between me and his father and that it had nothing to do with him, but, of course, I'm the bad guy (notice I'm the bad guy. Not his father) he doesn't want to hear it from me. Just another example of how everything is all my fault.

buddy

That loud sound you hear is me banging my head against a brick wall.

No disrespect intended, maybe only another difficult child parent is allowed, but I actually did laugh out loud....:rofl:

B

Bunny

Laugh all you want, Buddy. If I were reading this I would probably laugh, too.

ready2run

everything bad that could happen here is my fault too, so i get that one. it's all my fault!! my kids punish me by running up and kicking me if husband and i are arguing.. i'd much rather they use their dinner against me but since they never seem to eat it anyways i guess that would be pointless. hope you and husband work things out and he appoligizes for being wrong, whatever he has done.

buddy

Laugh all you want, Buddy. If I were reading this I would probably laugh, too.

I think it was just so easy to put myself in that exact position... always my fault, he would behave if i would just let him have his way all of the time, etc.

B

Bunny

I like how you assume that it was all husband's fault. In this case, it was! Hahahahaha!! He's a man and sometimes men just don't think before they open their mouths, especially in front of difficult child kids.