difficult child update/hospital today

Farmwife

I am sorry it took me so long to respond. You have been so supportive over the last weeks. I saw your post the other day about picking your difficult child up from hospital.

It took me this long to calm down about it, it really is so upsetting and truly disgustingly tragic. I used to do some work in the "medical field", it isn't easy. Anytime I was faced with a particularly difficult patients personality or an unsavory task I would picture this person as my loved family member and give them the care I would want for my loved one. It always changed my mood and perspective. I wish the staff who handled your difficult child could have acted in such a way. I imagined my difficult child at that tender age looking as you described your difficult child and it infuriated me in such a deep visceral way.

I can offer a hug, admiration for YOUR coping skills and ability to stay calm for your difficult child in such a horrible scene. I am glad you saved her and have a better plan. Personally, I would have gotten locked up because I would have torn that place and every single staff member apart, no exaguration. Kudos to you for being civilized, you are a better woman than I.

I am so so sorry you had to go through that and even more sorry for your difficult child.

DammitJanet

I love those V-8 smoothies! So does Keyana. Oh...also those FruitChiller tubes in the fruit isle that are like ice pops but just pureed fruit you freeze are so yummy. They arent hard like popcycles they are smoother like fruit. I bet she would like them better when she is past just liquid but not quite to hard food. The strawberry or grape is to die for.

Would she like special straws or a special cup? Maybe those curly straws or the ones that change color? Heck...have you seen those juice bottles with the squirt tops that are cartoon characters? I know she is 11 but maybe she would like one of them...lol. I would be glad to send you one if you tell me who her favorite character is. I think they still have Hannah if she is into her. I think that one looks like a microphone.

LittleDudesMom

Jen,

I don't have any suggestions. Just wanted you to know that I'm following your difficult child's struggles and your amazing support and hard work to help her. You are being patient and caring.

Hugs,
Sharon

Jena

thanks guys. i appreicate it. i know you all have so much giong on too. i tried to read as many posts as i could last night after difficult child fell asleep to catch up on all of you. will reread all the ideas later. raised medications last night, added in medication thsi afternoon to combat anxiety. dr. ok'd a drive to pet the horses so we went bundled up she adores them. so far so good, taking a whole lotta time and alot of different ideas to help her calm down and get past this. came up with-a new one today i used as a kid. but so far the calories are going in and i'll tell her maybe it's just me being a crazy mom but her face looks brighter.

Jena

janet you could send me a straw it's tweety bird!! LOL..... so i could put it into a frozen margarita if i ever get one!!

already got cups, and straws for her :) yet its' all the anxiety and fear of truly eating. princeton made her worse it's going to take time.

TerryJ2

Jen, what an ordeal.
I hope your difficult child continues to improve, and that you can do a medication change, and also not have her end up too groggy.
I know from personal experience what it feels like to have something lodged in my throat--spent a Father's Day at the ER once with-a horse pill sized Vit C sticking out between the little space in the middle of my collarbone--and it wasn't fun. I was hyperventilating the the nurse put the oxyimeter on my finger and came up with-a 98. She said, "See, you can breathe. Your oxygen is good." Huh? Aha! Very weird, but it worked. I was able to calm down and cough up the C with-very little blood after that.
I hope that little "Aha!" moment comes sooner rather than later with-your daughter.
And that you hold up.

klmno i don't know what no was for lol. i was yelling at dog at same time. i'm kinda shot.

OMG, you poor thing! I had to chuckle, but this is a good example of how stressed out you are.

TerryJ2

Jen, what an ordeal.
I hope your difficult child continues to improve, and that you can do a medication change, and also not have her end up too groggy.
I know from personal experience what it feels like to have something lodged in my throat--spent a Father's Day at the ER once with-a horse pill sized Vit C sticking out between the little space in the middle of my collarbone--and it wasn't fun. I was hyperventilating the the nurse put the oxyimeter on my finger and came up with-a 98. She said, "See, you can breathe. Your oxygen is good." Huh? Aha! Very weird, but it worked. I was able to calm down and cough up the C with-very little blood after that.
I hope that little "Aha!" moment comes sooner rather than later with-your daughter.
And that you hold up.

klmno i don't know what no was for lol. i was yelling at dog at same time. i'm kinda shot.

OMG, you poor thing! I had to chuckle, but this is a good example of how stressed out you are.

H

HaoZi

Progress is good :D Have you thought about the shakes that weight trainers and body builders use to bulk? Might be too thick for her but if she can handle them they're often pretty high cals and protein. Or maybe adding a scoop of Slim Fast, dry milk, or protein powder to her current shakes to add some extra nutrients and all.

Jena

thanks.

yea cant' do that as i said i'm working with-doctors' and ingredients to shakes that they have designed up. :)