difficult child wants to Kill Us....

I

iloveturtles

DaisyFace,

I am praying for you, your difficult child and your son. I don't have any words of wisdom or experience to add, but you have my heart felt prayers.

flutterby

Fly away!
DF -

I'm so sorry. :(

I haven't read all of the replies, so I apologize if I'm repeating information.

I did want to let you know that just because a hospital takes medicaid (or any other insurance), doesn't mean that all departments in that hospital will. For example, OSU takes medicaid for most departments except neurology and a subspecialty in orthopedics.

I would contact the psychiatric unit at that hospital and ask them specifically. Neuropsychology at that hospital probably has little to do with the psychiatric unit.

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

My son went to one of the wilderness camps here in NC...just not the one Im talking about. We were thinking about the one Im talking about but there is a rule in NC that camps cant administer medication to NC kids for some reason unless that has changed. Now they can administer medication to kids from other states...lol. No idea why that is true. No one could even explain that idiotic reasoning. No one wanted to take Cory off medication a second time to send him back to camp. He actually loved wildnerness camp and did pretty well there but he didnt get better. If he could have just lived there and stayed there until he aged out he would have been fine but he didnt get any better. He was stagnating and behaved well at camp but didnt make the changes needed anywhere else.

EB, wow, great dogs, LOL! Did it change difficult child's behavior after that?

Actually, yes. difficult child was quite taken aback, and I think she had a whole different respect for them. Both dogs are great, but the fact is she is the brain and he is the brawn--but only when he feels like it. He follows her lead all the way, though, and I know that's why things happened as they did. Both dogs are jet black, which makes them even scarier in the dark. (They are quite distinctive thoroughbreds, and I'm not naming the breed on the chance it could be identifying. Anybody in this town knows me by this pair.)

Both before and since, the female has spent a lot of time staring down difficult child, but I don't think it bothered her any until after that incident. difficult child was unnerved after that, although neither dog has ever injured anybody. Can't blame difficult child for that. I'd have been rattled too! The female is incredibly perpective and honestly has never liked difficult child, although she has tolerated her well.

It was really funny to watch difficult child try to be all warm and fuzzy and "make friends" with her after that. Doggie didn't buy it.

After our incident, I knew it would be nearly impossible for me to be surprised by difficult child in the middle of the night. difficult child, on the other hand, knew not to even try it. This really did make me feel much more secure. I'd definitely recommend an intelligent set of dogs as a secondary alarm system. I never thought they'd defend me since they'd grown up in the same house with difficult child, but I think the key is to be the sole caregiver, keep them to yourself as much as possible, and choose a breed more likely to make a "statement" than to injure. They'll know who they belong to--as well as who is NOT their "friend."

Last edited: