difficult child went to court

Nancy

We did not go. difficult child was picked up by the guy who brought the pot to the college and they went to court together. She pled guilty, has to do 24 hours of community service, have two drug tests, attend a drug awareness and alcohol awareness class, pay a $200 fine and go back Dec 15. If she completes all the requirements by then they will dispose of the case and expunge her record.

She has to go to an intake hearing at the college tomorrow. Originally there were three girls and this one boy from off campus involved and one was her roommate. The roomate lied to the RA and said she didn't smoke so she didn't get into trouble. I asked difficult child where she got the alcohol and she said her boyfriend's sister bought it for them. Nice!

She decided she is coming home after this semester and thinks she is getting an apartment with her girlfriend.

Nancy

witzend

I hope that she will follow through on the court orders. It would be a shame if she just gave up any hope of a decent life at this point.

Star*

call 911........call 911
So she 'fessed up to you & husband? Very mature actually. How did you let her know you knew?

I'm glad she used her head and went to court. At least that's something Nancy - Sometimes when they face adult court with adult consequences and realize playtime is over it makes them grow up. (sometimes)

Sorry to hear she's not going to college right now - maybe later huh?

Hugs-

katya02

Solace
Sorry to hear things have gone this way, Nancy. Still, it's good that difficult child went to court on her own and pled. Maybe, maybe the seriousness of the atmosphere and the experience of standing up in public and admitting her actions to a judge will have made some impression. I'm glad she'll be able to have her record expunged. Hopefully she'll decide from here to go in a better direction. Hugs.