difficult child went to school this morning!!!!

StressedM0mma

I am so happy that I could cry. difficult child went to school this morning. On time. Today is her first day back since PHP. She was not happy becasue she had to go during exams, and she is not sitting for them right now. She didn't know what the point was. But she got up got ready and left with easy child. I have peace until 1:30 when they get home. I have a feeling she will be in a mood when she gets home but I guess we will deal with it then.

pajamas

We love exams around here. It means no homework stress (studying? what's that?). Hopefully, not sitting for them means an easy day for her translates into a better evening for you. We can always dream, right?

PJ

B

Bunny

We love exams around here. It means no homework stress (studying? what's that?).

That's a good point! Maybe she will come home and will feel less stressed about having to get stuff done. Not a bad way to return, I think.

StressedM0mma

I am getting the texts that she wants to come home that she is done. She still has one more "exam" period left. Now I have to tell her no she has to sit there until 1. UGH! Tomorrow is going to be rough. She has to get up and go and sit for 1 exam that she isn't taking tomorrow. She said they have her sitting in the library. She is supposed to be catching up on all of her missed work. And, I know that she is not caught up.

buddy

Is anyone supporting her in her catch up work? The counselors should be sitting with her and spending time helping her deal with her anxiety and thought process over all of this so she can get thru this productively. This stuff really needs to be in a 504 plan or IEP... I hope you can get that so you dont have to worry about it on a day by day fly by the seat of your pants kind of way.

Funny...YOURs went to school when she doesn't like to and MINE didnt get to go on time because of wanting to go so badly he acted up! It would be so great to have a day off difficult child ville for the whole board!

buddy

I am getting the texts that she wants to come home that she is done. She still has one more "exam" period left. Now I have to tell her no she has to sit there until 1. UGH! Tomorrow is going to be rough. She has to get up and go and sit for 1 exam that she isn't taking tomorrow. She said they have her sitting in the library. She is supposed to be catching up on all of her missed work. And, I know that she is not caught up.

HMM< so sorry your phone battery went dead and you didn't notice it until after 1:30! bummer. > (LOL) by the way, in our school, if anyone uses a phone during school hours their phones are taken away by admin! I think someone needs to "find" her using that... (or you tell her no phone use at school. if you get any messages or calls that are NOT an EMERGENCY meaning fever or ambulance time.... then she loses the phone??? just a thought... kids can always use school phones in emergencies or to ask for rides home or whatever...they dont need phones at school)

Malika

Hmmm... and my difficult child's teacher rang me at 3.50 saying he was lying down and was not well, so I went to get him - five minutes later, he had effected a miraculous recovery and is now outside riding his bike... Seriously, though, I can just feel what dealing with a child who does NOT want to go to school is like and personally I do not want to go there...

buddy

Hallelujah Malika... miracles can happen! oh wow, life with difficult child kids! And these are the typical days! LOL

buddy

OMGosh, what will the school do when she just "ditches" school? Well, time for plan B you said it for mornings, now you can use it for afternoons too....no bailing her out. if they dish out a consequence, then they do. Eventually they will see if this escalates and will have to see they need to help her in a better way.

StressedM0mma

I am not sure they would even realize she was missing. I am so not happy with how her "transition" went. They sent her to the Library to sit and work on missed work. No one there to make sure she is doing anything. Just left her there. So who would know if just walked out at lunch time. husband is working from home today, and he said if she walks then that is her consequence. It is about 20 degrees and snowing and windy right now. So... I have about 45 minutes until exams are over and I can ask my easy child if difficult child is with her or not. So, we can all see how tomorrow morning is going to go can't we. She is not going to want to go. Her answer was I could have worked at home. Great school huh!

StressedM0mma

She ended up staying until it was time for her to come home. She said they just dumped her in the library. No one checked on her or anything. She told me she had to wait for 45 minutes when she got to school to talk to her guidance counselor!!!!!! He is the one who told her to come see him first thing. The secretary was scrambling trying to help her. So, GC told difficult child to just go to the exams and talk to the teachers while they were giving tests. difficult child told him she thought that was a bad idea. She explained that the teachers would want to be focused on giving the exam not trying to sort out what she needs to do, and that she would be a disruption because all of the kids would want to talk to her because she has been gone since Christmas Break. My difficult child was thinking more clearly than her GC. Ridiculous. So the entire transition was sit in the library and do some makeup work. For 6 hours straight. Going to have to scream at the school. Again.

StressedM0mma

I know!! When I went to my therapist appointment today and I was telling her about it she couldn't believe me. All the way around. She was asking how difficult child slept on the weekends and I was telling her how she will sleep 16 hours and still need someone to wake her. therapist said has she had a sleep study or neuro workup? Huh. Well we have mentioned it but no one listened. She thinks she really needs asleep study too. So I am going to push hard on Tues at the psychiatrist appointment. Today went pretty well. She hung out with me after her exam time. We played Wii and made cupcakes.

buddy

Do you have to go thru dumb psychiatrist or can you just go thru your pediatrician/familiy doctor??? Or have you tried that and I forgot? sorry.