difficult child winding

Wiped Out

Staff member
up again-or seems to be. Just little things in the last week indicating he is more on edge. Late afternoon today was not good. Rude, disrespectful, and even violent which we haven't seen for awhile.:pouting: A longer period of stability would be nice! He is going in and out of his moods very quickly and, of course, is ready to move on before we are.

Last week a weird thing happened too-we were at his wrestling tournament and he had wrestled one boy. When we were eating lunch he was talking about having wrestled two boys already. He wouldn't believe it when I told him he had only wrestled one-said I just have a bad memory. I know he has short term memory problems but this was creating one that didn't happen.

We don't have a psychiatrist appointment. until late February. I was hoping to make it with-o calling but don't think that is going to happen. Just feeling very frustrated tonight.

tiredmommy

I'd make a call to the psychiatrist... that created memory concerns me, especially when coupled with his increased agitation. {{{Hugs}}}

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd call the psychiatrist, too.

I dunno about the memory thing. Nichole and Travis both (although Travis far more often) have "created" memories. Maybe I'm just used to it, but I don't think I'd be too alarmed at just a single incident.

I'd run what's going on past the psychiatrist though, just to be sure.

I wonder if adolecent hormones might be making the stable point harder to maintain right now.

(((hugs)))

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

Stay ahead of the game & call psychiatrist. I know how frustrating it is - I always hope to make it x number of days with-o calling therapist or psychiatrist for kt; never happens.

Also, relax. Maybe difficult child just doesn't remember. Make note of this but let it drop. I do this frequently with kt. In fact, have a journal of sorts that I record incidents, PRNS, crisis calls, etc & print it out for therapist & psychiatrist & anyone else who might need a record at each appointment.

You will know, in your mother's heart, if this is the right time to call psychiatrist. I would this time around - however, I would pick his brain & ask for guidance on calling & extra appts. psychiatrist knows you & husband well enough to know you call with good reason.

Take care of yourself, sweetie. Don't let this anxiety take over the weekend. If nothing else a bloody mary with breakfast may help break the tension. :rofl::wine:

slsh

member since 1999
Sharon - sorry to hear he's winding up again. I know sometimes it seems like we don't know if we're coming or going. I agree with- calling psychiatrist. Sorry!!

I hope you guys have a relatively calm weekend!!

Wish we could all win the lottery and hire a private psychiatrist (and crisis team and respite folks and... complete the list, LOL) to be at our beck and call 24/7. ;)

F

flutterbee

Is it created memory or is he just confusing that day with another? I do that stuff all the time lately. I have trouble with sequencing. I know something happened, but don't know when, what came first, etc. That's actually a pretty common thing with many mental and/or neurological disorders. That would have to be addressed in therapy...maybe it would help to keep a daily diary of what he did that day, etc. difficult child's therapist recommended that because difficult child has no sense of time. Something could happen two weeks ago, but to her it was yesterday and vice versa. Absolutely cannot convince her otherwise.

The mood instability would be more worrisome to me. I'd be calling the psychiatrist.

I'm sorry he's still struggling.

(((hugs)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks all. He did get sick yesterday and isn't as wound up now. I guess I'll watch and see what happens. Heather-maybe you're right about it not being a created memory. difficult child doesn't have any sense of time. I'm just not sure because this was something new for him. Sue-a lottery would be nice to hire a team 24/7! Linda-had to laugh about the bloody mary right away in the morning-I haven't done that since college! Lisa-I'm glad created memories aren't that unusual. TM-thanks for the hugs!

busywend

WO, my difficult child has created her own account of happenings as well. She just blames my bad memory, too. I have given up on trying to correct her, because she truly believes it. I figure there are going to be some great stories about me when she is in therapy as an adult!
:tongue:

I also am familiar with the tendency to start to spiral at different times. It could be just have a cold coming on. It could be the time of year, the weather, the school work load, the food, etc. I just know now to try to remain calm when I see the tension start to rise in my difficult child. The calmer I stay, the faster it passes.

I know you are worried - try to just keep your eye on it.