difficult child's 1st day off ritalin

BusynMember

Plain and simple, given to the wrong kid, any stimulant can CAUSE aggression. After all, it IS speed. They gave Ritalin to me and it made me fly like a kite until I crashed (and went into a serious depression). They thought I had ADHD; I have a serious mood disorder instead. in my opinion they need to be more careful before dispensing medications. I take medications and need medications, but I went through hell while they tried to figure out what was wrong with me--they gave me many inappropriate medications. Being an adult though, I could tell them I didn't want to take it as it was making me worse. Our young kids can't express it. Glad your son had a good day and hope it continues :)

crazymama30

my son cannot tolerate stims without first having a mood stabilizer at a good level. Some just cannot tolerate them period. I am glad he did well.

SaraT

My difficult child cannot tolerate stimulant medications of any kind, so her ADHD is untreated. In her case controling the mood disorder with a stabilizer medication was more important.

Glad he had a good day.