difficult child's and Legos

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee difficult child is Lego-obsessed. He loves legos and even tho he could probably build any and every lego creation there is with his stash, every holidays brings more building blocks. Honestly, I don't really mind because they are a HUGE calming tool for him (partly why we have so many). We have 2 of the giant underbed storage boxes full to the brim of legos. (and probably a full space-ship worth in every vehicle)

Wee difficult child has a dog.

A difficult child dog.

difficult child dog loves legos. As I'm sitting here typing, I keep having to get onto to him to get out of the lego box. Sheesh.

If its not one difficult child dragging tiny building blocks all over my house, its the other. And they aren't even of the same species...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Leggo my Lego! Hmmm... that's often a problem with certain difficult child-dogs and legs (snarf!)

Tip-toe, to my corner, to my corner, that's where I'll be...

maril

Oh, what a talented son you have. I enjoyed hearing about him. I know we had Legos around here years back but don't think my kids got too much use out of them.

My DS loved Matchbox cars and similar. He had lots and kept them around/played with them for years. Some of his favorite toys were anything with wheels since the time he was very young.

Andy

My difficult child also loves legos. He has a town in the corner of the livingroom complete with a lake for the lego boat. He is currently working on building the grand hotel. It takes two books of instructions.

I am surprised that I don't see legos on garage sales. Wonder where they go when kids outgrow them? Wonder what we will do with ours when difficult child decides he is no longer interested?

He loves to go to Lego Land at the Mall of America (especially with his aunt who he can "hint" what he wants to get).

Lothlorien

Mighty Mouse is Lego-obsessed too. We have a wee dog. Wee dog loves legos, especially the tiny ones. She chews on them. Have you ever stepped barefoot on a half-chewed tiny Lego? Ooooooch!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Too bad if the Dog consumed them, he couldn't *produce* little works of art...

Going to my corner now

susiestar

Roll With It
Legos are not seen at yard sales because they are the very FIRST things to go. EVERY TIME. Or else parents save them for grandkids. I know of ONE garage sale where the legos didn't sell. This older couple has some old WOOD legos, some of hte first ones made, and they want over $1 for each little piece. I think they have had 5 sales and the price is always the same, a little baggie of 5 pieces for $5 and no one buys them ever. But at any other yard sale they are GONE.

I actually took some Wiz fave legos and put them in a clear glass lamp when he outgrew them. Wish I had used a plastic lamp, but now thank you is into legos again and wants the lamp.

It is a very very cool lamp, in my opinion.

And I ahve stepped on little unchewed legos on the floor, ouchie enough. Can't imagine chewed ones. ICK and OUCH!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Errrm...I just wish I had my old tinker toys and lincoln logs. Not so much because I could sell them for a fortune on ebay, but because I kind of miss playing with them...

Ah well...I may be pushing fifty, but I still like my toys, LoL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Have you planned a pilgrimage to Legoland yet, Shari?

Oh, good idea!! I bet he'd love it.

Just wanted to add..........Travis is 22.......and he still plays with Lego's. He got his first set of Duplo's when he was 18 months old. :D

Get containers with lids for the legos. It does wonders.

Hugs

trinityroyal

I second the containers-with-lids idea. difficult child at 19 is still lego-obsessed, and he makes the most amazing sculptures with them. At the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) they have to limit his lego time, otherwise he wouldn't do anything else.

And I STILL find little lego pieces clogging up the vacuum cleaner, stashed between sofa cushions, buried in cardboard boxes, in the garage, even in the back yard.

Personally, I think they multiply at night, just like bunnies.

Trinity

Marguerite

We have bins for the lego. difficult child 3's best friend is a lego genius. Also autistic - I think it goes hand in hand with the Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD).

You can't fight it. Just introduce him to Meccano or electronics, so you can turn it to some commercial use eventually.

Marg