difficult child's got a sitter!!

Jena

ok one more thing, sorry eating boards, i just have alot to say and about 30 minutes in here before i have to go.

I found a sitter. A nice woman who works as an aide in the local school, she works with special needs children. Her children are grown, except one who is still in h.s. They all have varying diagnosis's as well. She's nice, calm, seems very caring. We met today at a local diner I bought her coffee and we talked at length. I'm phasing her in this week. Slowly, slowly. I'm hoping to provide difficult child with someone who is going to take time with-her maybe after homework play puzzles, polish her nails, draw picture's so that difficult child looks forward to it.

I am hoping this works. I also told the woman that I"m truly only looking to have her on one day a week, that was the pt. of taking this job. I should be able to meet my face to face numbers monthly if i push it one day a week till 6. That's where she'd come in. We're starting with her following me with-difficult child for a week, than following week just the two of them dependent upon how it goes.

I feel confident that her references will check out ok tmrw, and that this will work to difficult child's benefit. Give her one more person that will care for her and give her special time.

Here's hoping. ok i promise i wont' post anymore lol.

B

bran155

Glad to hear it. Sounds pretty good, her being experienced with difficult children and all!!! I hope it works out for you.

How are you doing at your job? Do you like it?

Keeping my finger's crossed that the sitter works out. :)

Jena

thanks Shawn and Andy!

Hopefully difficult child will like this idea, we shall see. I'm sort of throwing it on her. If I tell her too soon she'll be upset and obsessive