difficult child's New Job!!

LittleDudesMom

So, the cell phone rings yesterday afternoon and I look to see who it is. It's difficult child's 1:1. Oh fudge balls.

But.....

He asks how I'm doing, which I translate to mean, "Get ready, it's coming!" However he asks what I think about difficult child being involved in some after school activity. I tell him that I am all for it, especially since he volunteered to stay after with difficult child when we talked originally in the fall.

difficult child's science teacher (who is great with the "outside the box" kids because I think she was an outside the box kid herself many years ago), who happens to be a friend of 1:1, is a huge supporter of difficult child and started his first day of middle school off well by giving him a hug (because he was so cute she said!). She has been talking to 1:1 about challenging as well as encouraging difficult child.

She coaches the girls basket ball team and the girls softball team. She and 1:1 have a casual conversation - within earshot of difficult child yesterday - about how they need a manager for the girls softball team. difficult child steps "up to the plate" (so to speak) and offers to take the job!!

He is now officially the manager of the girls softball team.

What does that mean?

Errand boy :whistle:!

He did offer the information that since it was on Tuesdays after school he would need to know the pick up time since his mom went to WW on Tuesdays (wonder if he told them the bank balance as well?????).

So, he will officially be surrounded by girls :queen:.

What a hoot .

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know - these boys are a TON smarter than we give them credit for -lol.

Gotta hand it to him - now he's around GIRLZ!!!!!

Congratulations on his maturation.

smallworld

Sharon, this is wonderful news! It's always positive for our difficult children to take on roles of responsibility. I'm sure he'll do a great job.

susiestar

Roll With It
How awesome!! It will be a great experience, he will be around GIRLZ, and the 1:1 will be there with him. Can it get any better than this?

(Yes. You can share the fudge balls. But that is all I can think of!)

Way to go!!!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wonderful! I love to see any of our kids get to be part of group. It will do him a world of good. Fingers crossed.
How cute is right.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yeah for difficult child!!! What a great, positive step for him! I love that he told them you have ww on Tuesdays. The other day difficult child was on the phone with my dad and asked grandpa if his house was cleaner than ours and could grandpa come help clean our house! Ah yes, they do say the darndest things!