difficult child's nueropsych info.

Wiped Out

Staff member
We met with difficult child's neuro-psychiatric this afternoon. I really like this guy. He had a rough draft written up and there is lots of good info. in it. I don't have a copy of it yet since it was just a draft so I can't go into a lot of detail because there was so much info. in it.

Some of the info I can remember is: His overall IQ is an 84. He said that his verbal area is his highest which is good but can also make him vulnerable because people will think he is higher functioning than he is. He has severe deficits in many areas-I'll update those when I get the report. Looks like we will be adding Executive Functioning( sp?)Disorder (probably damage done to frontal lobe due to the Crack birthmom used). It also looks like he has Dyslexia. There is so much more including something I'm not totally clear about yet so I won't go into that yet.

We are going to meet with him a couple of times yet to work on some other areas. He even brought up the idea of being an anger management coach for difficult child. Like I said I really like this guy-he is very thorough and has done a great job at getting at what makes up my complex difficult child.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

Sounds like a lot of new information for you & husband to digest. Are you working with UW behaviorial health? Just curious.

We went thru the University program here & rec'd a very detailed report for both kt & wm.

Is the neuro-psychiatric going to help work up a treatment plan & a school/education placement plan?

Keep us updated.

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Glad the neuropsychologist is going to take some time to explain all the test results. It's quite a bit to digest.
We know that executive function disorder well. No crack here though. :wink: </span>

Janna

Sharon, I wouldn't worry too much about the overall IQ score. We have found Dylan's vary depending on the tester, etc. I wouldn't worry about too much weight being put on it.

I'm glad you liked him. It's great he's taking the time to explain everything to you, ours didn't do that.

Will be waiting for the full detail. Hope you have a good night!

Janna

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> he sounds very thorough & compassionate. i'll be watching for the official results.

hang in.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

oceans

It sounds like you are getting lots of new and good information. I am hoping that this will give you new tools to help your difficult child.