difficult child's presents ... LOL

TerryJ2

So, for some reason, everyone and their mother chose to give difficult child clothes this yr. You know how much 12-yr-old boys love clothes. NOT! ROFL.:D
We had friends over for cocktails around 8 p.m. and we let difficult child open 3 carefully chosen gifts. Did he open what I suggested? Noooooo.
After the 3rd box of clothes, we all started to laugh and tease him about how the next thing you know, he'll be opening socks and underwear. Out of the box come not just white socks, but black socks, too! A huge cheer went up, and much laughter. difficult child had to admit it was funny.

On top of it, his bmom and grandmother never put labels on their presents to us. They told me that "that" whole stack was for difficult child. Uh, which stack? So I told him they were all his. Next box ... was a set of cute little Christmas plates. OMG, the look on his face!

After everyone left, difficult child and I sat by the fire ... one tiny flame left ... and I finished my tea (I'd had champagne, but face it, choc covered Rice Crispie treats go better with-tea at midnight). He was very personable and calm ... and a bit circumspect. Finally, he said, hopefully, "We're driving to R's tomorrow, and they have more presents for me, right?"

"Right. And if they're clothes, I will be very sorry for you."
:faint::whiteflag::laugh:

I happen to know that one set of cousins gave him baseballs, and ... I think he'll like the new computer and monitor from us. There is hope.
:tongue:

I'm thinking that tea may have had caffeine. Why am I awake at 3:30 a.m.? :confused:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Lothlorien

Poor kid! I have to admit...it's not easy to buy gifts for a 12 year old boy.

I was up at 3:30 too. I came downstairs and had some cheese and crackers and went back to bed.

crazymama30

difficult child woke us all up by 4:30am, all the presents were opened by 6am, and everyone but difficult child went back to bed for a nap

M

ML

We have been told for years by now 10 yo manster that clothes are NOT for Christmas.

KTMom91

Yet another example of how boys are SO different from girls...all Miss KT really wanted was money...for clothes.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ummm, difficult child 2 LOVES clothes... but then, we all know he's SPECIAL ;) I got him a fleece lined jacket, jeans, a cool/hip button-up/dress shirt, and he's been wearing them around ALL day :D He also got an iPod nano, and that I think was his other favorite thing today. Wasn't even interested in playing the one Wii game he got.

difficult child 1 on the other hand, was only interested in his video game today -- big suprise, I know. He's not big on clothes either.

easy child has been playing with her iCoaster -- a track set with a ball that you set up to roll around and you can plug your iPod into it to play music while the ball rolls around. She hasn't quite figured it all out yet, but enjoying it very much nonetheless. She's not big on clothes -- mostly because she gets soooooo many hand-me-downs from the four other girl cousins in the family. Too many, actually. And not usually in her taste for things. But then again, she's just not that into clothes.

susiestar

Roll With It
12 is a hard year to buy presents for, in my opinion. Not a little kid, but not a teen either. I am sorry he didn't like the clothes, and hope the rest of his Christmas was more along the lines of what he likes.

Jess got quite a few clothing items, most of which SHE picked out with-either Gma or I. And she loved them! But she liked the other things too.

thank you got a reversible hoody. At least he said Thank You, it is soft. (We are working HARD on having him say thank you and 1 nice thing about an item when he receives it, even if he hates it. First year it has actually worked with him.)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL poor kid. But I agree, unless you know them very very well, 12 yr old boys are tough to buy for. But I bet your gift was a huge hit after that. ;) lol

Travis was warned to give me a solid idea, or else he'd find himself with socks and underwear for xmas. Low and behold......he managed to give me a gift idea. lol :)

Jena

ok that's cute the moment by the fire thing togther with your very caffeinated tea!! yea it totally had caffeine lol.

He seemed to handle it really well, laughing about it and the plates!! omg!!!! How did the rest of his xmas go??? I have my own bad gifts tale i posted about lol.

we didnt' get home until 2 a.m. on xmas eve, difficult child actually fell asleep in the car. i was at my parents and boyfriend drove 2 hours to meet me there after he closed the restaraunt. so it was a late night. difficult child was up at 7:30 to open, not too bad.