difficult child's Report Card and 1st Game

Andy

Finally showed difficult child his report card. I think with the year he had that he ended really well but C's and B's and S's are not good enough for him. He just got so angry and with report card in hand headed for matches. I got the report card away from him. He then asked for the cell phone because he wanted to "prank call the teachers". He says the teachers don't care about him, that he did earn A's.

This was at an end to a dissappointing evening. His team lost their very first baseball game. He was so upset because, "It is so hard standing in the field and watching your team loose so badly. And I missed the one ball that did come to me - I could have made an out but NO, I missed the ball." I am just glad that he is sad and not angry. He will learn throughout the Summer.

And all in all, I am amazed that I can have a good day even if difficult child doesn't - I think that is a step toward the end of this madness?

JJJ

I'm glad you had a good day even if difficult child didn't.

Tigger has a real hard time with his teams losing too. He thinks no one will be his friend if they lose :(

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry for difficult child's rough day. I do think it's a very positive step for you to be able to enjoy the day even when difficult child doesn't. Hugs.

LittleDudesMom

It is so very hard for many of our difficult children to handle disappointment and understand consequences!

I'm glad you had a good day.

Sharon