difficult child's School Adventures

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So all year long, difficult child has had a pretty cocky attitude about school. I guess rules just don't apply to her so she has not had to worry about following them. Homework and class projects are optional. Attendance is come and go as you please. Or so she said...

The last week, we had a few very hot days. One of them was also Uniform Day for ROTC.

Well, difficult child went to school in uniform but came home wearing a spaghetti-strap tank and short-shorts that do not even cover her butt cheeks.

"OMG! difficult child did you actually were that in school today?!? On Uniform Day?!? What about the school dress code???" I said.

"Pft! I only needed to be in uniform during my ROTC class and then I took it off because it was hot. The teachers don't care what I wear" difficult child said.

Hmmm....OK then.

The next day, difficult child put on a similar outfit to head out the door to school. This time, husband confronted her.

"You know you can't wear that to school. Those shorts don't even cover your butt!" he said.

"The teachers don't care what I wear!" difficult child said.

"You look like trash and you're going to get in trouble." husband said.

"No I'm not! Leave me alone!!!" difficult child said.

Hmmm.....OK then.

That day, difficult child came home from school in a terrible mood - but wouldn't say why. The following day it was predicted to be the hottest day yet, but for some reason, difficult child opted to wear long pants and a shirt with actual sleeves. Hmmm....OK then.

Then I discover that her ROTC teacher gave her a zero for being out of Uniform on Uniform Day and must have given her a warning about her outfits, and her non-compliance and her non-attendance.

This week? difficult child is very worried about wearing long pants and shirts with sleeves and turning in her homework.

She is also wondering how many of her unexcused absences are going to affect her ability to pass 9th grade.

I don't know what exactly this teacher said to difficult child - but I LIKE IT!!!

;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: Yes, reality has a way of eventually biting them in the butt, doesn't it?

I know you're probably dying to say it, but maybe you'd better just make a sign for her that you can wave when appropriate: I TOLD YOU SO!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
LOL! Yes, I've been thinking about sending that teacher a thank you note of some kind...

Unfortunately, we will be moving and difficult child will be in a new school next year, so he won't be around to be a positive influence.