difficult child's Wish List & Reality Check

JJJ

Kanga in all her infinite pre-teen wisdom has decided that if she wishes for stuff for Christmas, she will get it, and even if it is something she is not allowed to have, there is nothing I can do about it because it is her Christmas gift. Boy, is she in for a shock :hammer:

She will get a preview soon when her birthday doesn't turn out as expected. She already got her birthday present from husband and I ( a new door and lock to replace the one she broke). She is convinced that we will get her something else too (not going to happen). Due to her stealing, she is banned from all money so I am 'previewing' any cards she gets and replacing the cash with gift cards. She has asked each grandma to take her shopping with her expected gift cards - she still is in denial that if she comes home with inappropriate clothing, that I will throw it out (I've been throwing out her inappropriate clothes for months - I have no idea where some of it comes from, she must be getting it from friends at school because she is never unsupervised except there.) Others are clothes that start out appropriate but she damages them or wears them in an inappropriate way.

I'm bracing for the rage when she finally realizes that her demands aren't being met...

busywend

Oh the teenager righteousness. It is a battle for sure. They are so entitled.

I do not wish this stage on my worst enemy!

susiestar

Roll With It
For your sake I hope she somehow is hit with the wand from the Reasonable Fairy. And that the birthday is not as bad as you think.

Sending support in case the Reasonable Fairy can't get there in time/hit her hard enough!

Hugs,

Susie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, believe it or not, my difficult child 1 (13yo) still believes in S.C. (although I'm sure he has his doubts). The way we've worked situations where a kid is requesting something inappropriate for Xmas (cell phone, car, live exotic animal, ridiculous amounts of cash...) we just tell them that S.C. knows the rules in our house and he'd NEVER bring them something that mom or dad wouldn't approve. It's worked for us so far...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:bravo:

Triple J,

I'm kinda chuckling here - we're going through many of the same things here with kt. kt, like kanga, feels she not only deserves but she is owed many of her "requests" because she was abused.

Well, poor little orphan story doesn't work around here. :rofl:

There are times when reality :censored2: - this might be one of them. I hate rages! It gets so old. :sleeping:

Let us know how the birthday preview goes. :scared: