DING! DING! Attention You Internet Shoppers......help?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DDD, Dec 8, 2012.

1. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

As I posted a week ago Ace is eating ornament (not eating...carting them around in his mouth) and I decided to spend money on a gate to close off the living room from the foyer. I put it off because I don't spend money comfortably and it appeared that maybe he was thru with the ornaments. Not!

So today I confidently go to the Walmart site to order the white wrought iron gate with human access for $80 or so and it's not available prior to 12/24. I want it this week. Furthermore the gate has to span 60" and not 54"....and 54" appears to be considered wide. I know that Lowe's, or Home Depot or Tractor Supply or Petco.....somebody must have what I want for under $100. Heck I'll even send difficult child 1 to pick one up in Tampa or Orlando. I just don't want Ace to swallow another hanger AND I want to reclaim my living/dining room as MY place to hang out.

If you get bored I'd appreciate a helping hand. It has to have a human opening and be white as husband is likely to forget it's there and I don't want him falling. If it isn't available pronto, I'll get a smaller one and block access to the foyer but (sob, whine, bark) Ace then wouldn't be able to "see" us in the LR and that would be a trauma for the big spoiled baby! Thanks, DDD

2. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

3. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

4. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Try wayfair.com

I just saw some really large gates on there and thought about you when I was looking at dog supplies. When you get to the first page on wayfair, just click on the word DOG and then gates.

5. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Do you have a babiesrus near you?

6. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I dont know about babies r us but I have always found their stuff on the expensive side. I stumbled across the wayfair website while shopping around and evidently it is a very well thought of place. It has all sorts of products on it and they are one that other websites are compared to. I found it while looking for dolls. I had no idea it was as big as it was until a few weeks later I saw it on CNN or MSNBC.

7. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

How lucky I am to have you all as supportive friends. thank you. JJJ the overstock one on sale is perfect. I'm grabbing my credit card (if I can find it, lol) and hoping it's a quick ship. I'll update. The Wayfair one is the one I found via Walmart, Janet, but it's a 12/24 delivery and we want to put presents under the tree this week. Cross your fingers. DDD

8. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

WAHOOOOOOO! Thanks again, guys. :) DDD