Ding Ding...We got the news on the new baby

DammitJanet

Its a girl! Keyana got the little sister she wished for!

I asked Cory if he had any named picked out and he said " Jana Scott...lol. " I told him I thought Taylor Scott or Mackenzie Scott sounded pretty. Or even Lauren Scott. Last name starts with Mc.

But another little girl...I am not upset at all. I have a feeling this wont be the last for them. He really wanted a boy. Tony wanted a boy. You know...that whole family name thing. At least with this one we know Mandy is going to let the baby have Cory's last name.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Scottanna, Scotina, Scottella, Scottonna, Scantandy, Scottory, Scottony, Scottyana, SKotti.....? Huh - how about that ? Skotti?

Congrats.

DammitJanet

Star....that is awesome! Skotti! Everyone wants to make unique names these days and that wocutinly fit the bill! I will certainly mention it...strongly...lol.

I have no doubt the baby will be very cute because both Mandy and Cory are very good looking people. This baby will be dark, I have no doubt with dark hair unless genetics plays a really odd card on us. There is a slight chance that it could have blue eyes because one of the traits of the Lumbee's is that they have blue eyes but Mandy doesnt but some do and I do of course. So they could win out. Mine seem to be quite strong because Keyana got them, Billy got them when his father had extremely dark eyes. However, none of my boys have blue eyes. Maybe mine skip a generation...lol. I think this baby would be stunning with Mandy's dark skin and blue eyes. I just hope she is healthy.

Well...now I get to start crocheting a little dress and blanket for the baby! Gives me something to do...lol. I saw the most awesome pattern for a bringing the baby home outfit. Maybe lisa could do the booties since I dont think I will ever figure them out...lol.

lovemysons

Janet, Congratulations!!!

Yep genetics certainly can skip a generation. Young difficult children little girl looks just like me when I was a baby except she has brown eyes like her mom whereas I have green eyes. She is already showing difficult child signs too!

I really like Jana or Lauren...very pretty names. Glad you're getting your Scott in there as well.
So when is baby due?

Happy for you all,
LMS

dashcat

Love the names - esp Jana. It's pretty and feminine and different enough that there won't be a hundred Jana's in her graduating class - yet it's not weird or unpronouncable.

And who doesn't love a little girl!
Dash

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ohhhhhh! A lil girl!! Would you like mary jane booties to go with that dress? I finally can make em really easy now. lol omg They are so darn cute. And heaven knows while I'm glad lil Oliver is on the way I was a tad disappointed to not be able to make up some of those mary jane booties. lol

I'm glad Cory and Mandy were considerate enough to put the name Scott in there. Oh, you're gonna have so much fun, another lil girl to spoil! lmao

DammitJanet

I have been looking at some little dresses and blankets and sweaters. I think I can do those but the booties just look too complicated. You should really do a sweater for Oliver. I can tell you how I have been finding these on youtube, just type in crochet baby sweaters, Thats it.

Oh congratulations Janet! I love the name Jana! When is the baby due?

My first grandson is due August 15th. They are naming him Jace Zachary.

Wow so this will be #4 for you! You are beating me girl! lol

I know how happy you are and I am so glad that Keyana is getting a little sister!

Love to all and prayers for a healthy baby!

Denise

Fran

Former desparate mom
My mom made beautiful blankets for each of her grandchildren and great grandchild. She had labels sewn in that said "made with love from nana". It was a wonderful keepsake for each of them, even my boys that are grown. They are done is soft yarn and soft pastels. They turned out beautifully.

flutterby

Fly away!
Congratulations! Little girls are so much more fun to dress than boys. :)

My sister in law crochets baby clothes and sells them online. I'll see if I can find where she sells them - I think it's on etsy. She knits and crochets all kinds of things and sells them online. It's how she funds her trips back to Peru.