Dinner choices

klmno

Ooopss....this was meant for the WC!

I'm hungry!! It's been raining for 2 days so I have not been to the store. Here are my choices- breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast) or a grilled cheese sandwich and a can of soup. I probably do have a frozen thingy I could cook in the MW, but I'm not in the mood for that. I also have my cake/ice cream and popcorn and leftover halloween candy that I can dig into later if I'm still hungry.

So, what is your vote? (Yes, I am one that could starve trying to decide what I want. LOL)

I ate leftover meat and potatoes last night.

smallworld

Not to worry -- I realized it and moved it for you.

I vote for grilled cheese and soup (tomato, if you have it). Comfort food for a rainy night.

DDD

Find a big mug and fix the tomato soup in that...yeah, no pot/pan to clean. Pull out a double width of alum.foil and put your bread on it. Top
with cheese. Broil until all bubbly and eat off the foil. Throw away all but the mug (put liquid dishwash in it with water & leave in the sink). Grab a
comforter and go curl up with a good book. Bet you fall assleep pronto.
:D DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow, DDD, you made me hungry and sleepy. Now I want to cut ouf of work this afternoon and go home to have that cheesy bread and hot soup too! All I need is peace and quiet and a good book!

klmno

That did sound like great comfort food- and the easy/no clean-up is perfect if a person isn't feeling well. I didn't have tomato soup, but had another soup and sandwich. Now, I can have my eggs and bacon for lunch today. :)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You know what is a good easy egg dinner lunch or breakfast treat?

You spray or butter a muffin tin, line it with 2 or 3 slices of bacon, crack one or 2 eggs depending on the size of tin, or whip the eggs first if you want them more scrambled like.
Add seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne whatever, mushrooms, cherry tomato's, chives, jalapenos... anything that sounds good!
Add a few cubes of whatever cheese in your fridge... I use a light mozz.

Egg beaters works great also.
375 temp... bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until scrambled is set or whites on egg is set to your preference.

Your can keep these for a day or 2 as well!!! You can also line the cups with a slice of ham and then pour the egg in side.

klmno

Ohhh- that sounds good! I was yearning for eggs benedict the other day- I think I could make my own version using your idea, toto, and cheese fondue. :D

It quit raining, finally, so I will go to the store later today when I'm out running some other errands.

witzend

We have been eating brown basmati and wild rice with baked root vegetables (beets - which are good for the muscle movement of the bowel - yams, onions, carrots, drizzled in olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning, baked for 45 minutes at 350) as a side dish to whatever lean meat we are having. The fiber in the brown rice helps, and it is really tasty. Much better for you than white potatoes or white rice.