Dinner for 64...

witzend

Yes, that's what I said - "64"! I had no clue that it would be that big, but it was a beautiful day, the sun shone, the food was great. husband is exhausted, everyone got over their drama, and if they didn't? Oh well, it's their drama and they can keep it, thank you very much!

Just so you know, 64 people can go through 72 chicken thighs, three full racks of pork ribs, 12 pounds of pulled pork, and 10 pounds of Kobe beef ribs, plus all of the fixings. Well, we have a little chicken and pulled pork left, but the ribs are long gone! I have no clue as to how much wine we went through. At least two cases from what I got a gander at the recycling tub. A short case of beer (a Pacific NW saying for a 12 pack), a gallon of sweet tea, and gallons and gallons of water.

The kids who helped were wonderful! I gave them each an extra $20 because they just worked their hineys off all night long. Even the neighbor who pooh-poohed about helping came back today to help put the canopies away. There are probably some things that I will return to the store unused. I scrupulously saved my receipts the last several weeks, so once I get a little rest, I can make a few more trips to the store and get some money back. Honestly, if I have to go to the store within the next week, I'll scream!

The band was great. I sang 6 songs with them and had a really good time. husband spent the day getting tables and chairs and serving dishes back to people, and helping me with a problem for a client. Tomorrow is an "at home" day, and I will put away things as I come across them, but NO MORE RUSHING! YAY!

Thanks for all of your well-wishes and recipe ideas! We had a great time!

Estherfromjerusalem

It sounds wonderful, Witz. You are very brave to undertake something like that. I'm pleased it all went off so well. I wish I could see a video of you singing with the band!

When are you doing the next one!!!!

Love, Esther

T

TeDo

Sounds wonderful. Did the "friends" from the other thread help or pay? Just curious.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad it turned out great.

But you're a much much braver woman than I. omg 64 people?? wow

Yup, you deserve some down time after that.

nvts

WITZ HOSTS THE NEXT REUNION! Hahahaha!

Scared ya didn't I!

Great job...it really sounds like you and husband even got to enjoy (which rarely happens when you're the one hosting!)!

Beth

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
After that? Next time I throw a backyard BBQ I'm asking for your help, Witz.

And the good news? You only have to type.

Mattsmom277

Definitely nominating you for the CD board Bravery award! What a ton of effort must have went into making that happen. It sounds like people must have enjoyed your hard work, and singing with the band? Someone said they wished there was a video. IS there perchance a video? I'd love that too. I can't believe you pulled this off. Enjoy some down time :)

DDD

Yeah, Witz! I'm so glad it went well and was pleased to read you did hire help. Sounds like an awesome event and I hope it was the money maker you hoped for, too. Hugs. DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So this was a practice test for difficult child L's wedding that you'll be hosting one day, right? :winks:

Riiiiiight.

witzend

I wish there was a video, too! I don't think that there is so much as a photo, gosh-darnit! Oh, well. I have my memories!

InsaneCdn

Witz - I'm a total wreck putting a meal together for 6.4 people (that's 6 people plus one on the way...).
All I can say is... WOW!

SIXTY-FOUR people?
A complicated menu...
Hired help...

And then you were relaxed enough to SING??!!?!?!?!?!!

WOW.

Way to go!